This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Mobile pen' Meibography system

Just wondering if anyone has had one of these used to assess their meibomian glands?

http://www.eyedocs.co.uk/cornea-news...ography-system

I've never have a meibography assessment as I'd like to get a clearer idea of how my MG's are working/not working especially as Lipiflow didn't do anything. Had symptoms from MGD for around 6 years and still don't really know if I'm just not producing enough oil or if it's solely the quality that causes the problem.

Does anyone in the UK do meibography?

Yes, I've had meibography. It is painless. The hardest part is when you eye lid is flipped up for a few moments. It helps you and your doctor see your glands, how many there are, their shape, if they've dropped out, if they stop and restart. It is an assessment tool, not a treatment. It would answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by NotADryEye View Post
      Yes, I've had meibography. It is painless. The hardest part is when you eye lid is flipped up for a few moments. It helps you and your doctor see your glands, how many there are, their shape, if they've dropped out, if they stop and restart. It is an assessment tool, not a treatment. It would answer your question.
      Well I'd like it done but not sure of anyone in the UK who does it.

Comment

Working...
      X