X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is it just one eye?

Hey guys,

So over the past few months my eyes have improved a little overall.. which is good but i have one eye that is normal and one eye that is just terrible in comparison? Anyone else have this issue? How can one eye be normal and the other one have like bad MGD?

Wow Faith! We are twins. Almost no oil comes out of my right lids. I don't know what to do about it either.

Comment

its my right eye too! my left eye has no lid inflammation, no redness. When I have a flare it is just in the one eye..i mean its better than both i guess but i don't know how to keep it under control for longer than a few days?

Comment

LaDiva, are you using anything right now to help? I am using everything i can anti-inflammatory and some days they just don't help!

Comment

I find that one eye usually feels better then the other eye and the eye that feels good will feel worse when the bad eye feels better. Sounds nutty. We call it "tight shoes." You only feel the worst thing. Your focus goes to that.

Two peasant were sitting on the edge of a pier.
          The first one said, "Do you know what is the best thing in the world?"
          The second one answered, "No, what is the best thing in the world?"
          The first one said, "Tight shoes. Because when your shoes are tight your back doesn't hurt, you don't have a headache, you have enough money..."

So LE feels bad today and RE feels great. Then tomorrow, RE feels bad and LE feels great.

But in reality, there is something going on in both eyes. It's just that you feel the worst thing the most.

Or....you might just have a problem in one eye, or one eye is worse then the other....

Comment

LOL! Funny you should ask Faith. I have some ointment prescribed for a different part of the anatomy, and tried rubbing a little on my eyelids last night. I had more oil this morning. It is a mixture of estrogen and progesterone in a vaseline like base. I'll give it a few days and let you know if it works.

Comment

When my eyes were at their worst, both eyes were not in good shape. But it was always my left eye that had the strong burning sensation, which really make this whole dry eye thing unbearable.

Comment

Thanks for posting this thread. My left eye also is painful most of the day, while the right one only bothers me when I have irritated it, i.e. by having a corneal erosion. When that happens, the pain in the my right eye is so painful, that pain in my left eye, seems to magically disappear! I had been wondering if my left eye had some other type of problem. But after reading these stories, it appears that it is possible that dry eye can mainly affect one eye. - Mark

Comment

MRL, what is your diagnoses? What are you using to treat the pain? My right eye is my bothersome one, i cant even feel the left one. Also only my right lids ever get inflamed! makes no sense. My doctor said it is both eyes but in comparison the right one is 100 times worse.

Comment

Left eye here is more symptomatic. But both eyes are "dry" according to my tests.

Comment

Working...
                    X