This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anterior blepharitis gone, still have posterior

So as you all know I've been using manuka honey for some time now. It has helped more than any lid ointment I have tried and I've tried them all. My anterior blepharitis is gone. The outside of my lids aren't red but the insides still are so I still do have some pain. I am hoping with more time and diet changes I will get rid of the MGD but right now with spring it's hard due to allergies. I was just prescribed emethromycin ointment but find it makes things worse.

Just thought I'd post this small victory, as any small one is still something with this horrible disease.

That's great progress!! Thanks for sharing!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Faith, I'm going to try honey tonight. Did you applied it on your closed lids? I'm too scared to try to put it on my lid margins!

Comment

Do not put it on the lid margins lol the honey will probably clog the glands. Put it on like eyeliner but on the right ABOVE the lash line lol

Try it on a day you don't work, just in case.

Comment

Apparently my glands are not clogged and my oil comes out normal, however there still isn't enough oil in my tears.

I wonder if this will help? I think I will try it too...

Comment

It's helped but not a cure. My eyelids still flare from time to time. I use manuka honey, I think if your going to try it you should get manuka . It has more antibacterial benefits.

Comment

How long do you let it Faith?

Comment

Can you describe how you put the manuka honey on?

Comment

Working...
                X