X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misdiagnosed with dry eyes.....have ocular rosacea

Hello My Friends,
    Just wanted to report back to all of you regarding my visit today with Dr. Latkany (the dry eye doctor) in NY. After all I have been going through for almost 40 years, this doctor tells me my problem is not dry eyes but ocular rosacea!!! I spent thousands on so many products over the years. I know that I have had allergies most of my life so I wasn't too surprised with his diagnosis. How did my ophthalmologist miss this?

He suggested that I stop just about everything I have been using except for the Restasis and use COLD compresses not HOT. HOT will make the condition worse. I just ordered HYLO Tears from Canada and Ocunox night ointment which he told me not to use right now. He prescribed Pataday eye drops 0.2% which is an allergy drop. He also recommended that I see an allergist before I go back to him in a month.

Additionally, for all the women out there, he told me to be sure I was using eye makeup designed for sensitive eyes, fragrance free and opthamologist tested.

So I am eager to get started with this new regimen. He said this will take time but eventually it will be controlled and my eyes should feel better and look less inflamed.

I will keep you posted!! Thanks for all the information and support you have given me since I recently joined this site.

THANKS God !! So Happy for you !! It is unbelievable how many stupid doctors out there !!!!

Comment

I really hope the new regime works for you and I am glad you have had a diagnosis.

I'm slightly confused though....My dry eyes are primarily caused by my ocular rosacea and as far as I am aware, aside from not using hot compresses (some people with ocular rosacea still use them), the treatments aren't particularly different. Unless I have missed something, were you told the cause of your dry eyes was from another condition or just told you had dry eye?

Comment

I use bobby brown under eye concealer but thats it for makeup. Oh and bronzer. I can't put anything else near my eyes. I used to do the cold compresses but honestly I think less is more. Hot are by far the worst for me. Diet and stress are big too.

Comment

I am so happy for you, Leelu.
          Let us know how it goes.
          Wonder how ocular rosecea is diagnosed? How does the eyes look? Does the fact that he said you have "not dry eyes" that you had no problem with the water component so Schrirmer test was fine?

Comment

Whoa! Cold?? I was diagnosed with ocular rosacea/mgd/corneal neuralgia 9+ years ago and I've always been told to use warm compresses to keep my glands open. They are always clogged anyway though. I read his book a couple years ago and even he suggests warm compresses (eye spa pad). What's up with that? He's changed his mind? I'd actually be scared to stop the warm compresses because I'm afraid my glands would close up for good.

Comment

Working...
            X