This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent diagnosis - make up question?

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with blephtitis , even though I have had it for years. I'm on oral anti biotics in the hopes that it will help. I use an eye bag twice a day, along with eyelid wipes and eye drops (they make my symptoms worse but my gp said to use them so my eyes don't get too dry). I get a lot of crusting and mucus in my eye, all day long they are vile. I also get sore, itchy and gritty feelings. My eyes don't get swollen or rough skin or too red so that's something...
    I rarely wear eye makeup and I have used cheap and more expensive brands with no difference (as in I don't get a reaction). My eyes are rubbish with or without makeup, and when I do wear it, I don't notice my symptoms worsening. I'm having a bad flare up at the moment so I wouldn't dare use make up. I was wondering, seeing as I don't have any reaction to eye makeup, is it safe to wear? or do I have to use extremely expensive stuff? I would like to start using mascara at least every other day but I don't know what brand would be best. As I said before, I don't seem to make my symptoms worse even with cheap brands.

Blepharitis has a bacterial component. You can reinfect your eye by using makeup and double dipping. Use disposable mascara wands and eye shadow sponges.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
      Blepharitis has a bacterial component. You can reinfect your eye by using makeup and double dipping. Use disposable mascara wands and eye shadow sponges.
      I actually just ordered some in so that I don't use the wand that comes with the mascara. I heard some people say its the scrubbing at the end of the night that causes reactions so I was told to get easy removal mascara but I don't know what to try or if a hypoallergenic one would be best. I always wash my brushes with antibacterial soap and make sure they don't touch surfaces

Comment

Working...
      X