Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tobradex for Styes - Any Opinions?

Hi All,
    I woke up today with TWO styes in my lower lid. Why? I don't know. I haven't had a stye in a zillion years. Went to the doctor and he told me to take Tobradex for the next 5 days 3x daily.

He said that my Rosacea is bad and I'm, apparently, not doing the eye spa properly...I haven't been pressing hard enough. Thought I might pass that tidbit along to you all...you have to press hard enough so that it's annoying.

He doesn't know why I'd get these styes all of a sudden, though. The only change I've made is that I've only used Dwelle for the past week and no other drops and it's the first time I've used Dwelle. I don't know why that would cause it and neither does he but he said it could be possible. Can't come up with any other causes.

Anyway, I had a really bad reaction to Azasite so I thought I'd check with you guys and see if anyone here has had a bad reaction to Tobradex so I'll be prepared before I start.

Thanks!

Anyone ???

Comment

the ointment?

Sure, I'll jump in, but my information may be antiquated. In the late 80's, I had a lesion removed from my sclera, and the doctor loaded up my eye with "Tobrex" ointment (which is similar to Tobradex, I guess---has the antibiotic tobramycin). Then he bandaged the eye securely, and gave me the rest of the tube to use, to prevent infection, once I took off the bandage. After 3 days, my eye was burning and blood red freaky-looking. Being a "good patient," I kept putting in the ointment for another day, then called the doctor. He said to immediately discontinue it---that I was probably allergic to it.

But I don't know if there was some preservative in it that I was allergic to--maybe it wasn't the tobramycin that was the problem. I kept the tube, and would use it occasionally in the following years--- when I'd get a little bacterial eye infection. It works quickly to clear that up, and as long as I kept use to no more than a couple of days, I was OK. It's very effective against a wide range of common bacteria.

Calli

Comment

Thank you Calli. I will be watchful for that.
        (I was going to say I'll keep an eye on it... )

Comment

Working...
        X