white pus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white pus

any ever notice little white specs of pus on their eyelid margins. They seem to form in the morning or immediatly after putting drops drops in. Would this indicate posterior blepharitis? I have no crusting,flaking,redness,itching,tearing,etc... Just a fair amount of discomfort and swelling of my upper eyelids.

Thanks,
    futbol

p.s Im gonna try to get some picture on here of the specs I am talking about and also of the underneath of my swollen upper eyelids.

white fluid/pus

The answer to your question is the white fliud/pus is from your membomain glands (posterior blepharitis) a disruptions in your membomain oils (lipids) which is a part of your tear film hence ocular discomfort....

locky

Comment

locky, could this be the cause of inflammation of my upper eyelids and redness underneath my eyelids? What medicine is the best treatment option doxycycline? Also, I remember when I first got this, I had a couple clear bubbles form on my eyelid, which eventually dissapeared through compress. I know my eyes have gotten a little drier, but nothing obsurd. Is it possible to have mgd without major dry eye?

Comment

You can have MGD without dry eye, but if you don't treat it(warm compresses, omegas etc) it may lead to dry eyes. MDG causes inflammed eyelids and redness underneath the eyelids. Best treatment option is through trial and error. Doxy may work, try it. Works for some.

Where were your clear bubbles, inside the eyelid?

What is your diet like now or prior to eyelid irratation?

Comment

bubbles were on the eyelid margin. I have so much redness, almost like blood under my eyelids and they are very swollen. I also seem to get some blurriness of vision at times during the day. My diet has always remained the same. I am supplementing with fish oil right now and NAC. I do warm compress and lid scrubs 3x a day. I tried messages, but was never able to get anything out of hte eyelids so stopped. I lift weights a lot, so I am on a high calories/high protein diet. I eat very healthy.

Comment

Hello futbolplayer1,

Have you been checked for an eye infection? Please do so as soon as possible. Having goop in your eyes, and swollen lids is not normal.

Good luck,

Lynne

Comment

mgd

mgd is dry eye ( blepharitis ) it will effect your lipids (oils) inflammation will cause lipid deficiency as a result your tears will not coat the eye properly (evaperation ) leading to dry uncomfortable eyes.... your eyes require the three layers of your tear film to work in a complex function....
              which is beyond our doctors ability to make a accurate diagnosis and to treat successfully...
              The cause of blepharitis is not known ......
              Please dont use preserved drops and dont become a victim of poly-pharmacy...

locky

Comment

I've noticed white pus on my eyelids too and I have MGD. I don't know if that pus is an indicator of MGD though, but I definitely notice it after I do a warm compress. I also get white discharge collecting at outer corners of my eyes throughout the day (not mucus)...I have no idea what that is.

Comment

When the oil comes out of the glands it should look like clear oil. When the oil is cloudy, creamy, thick white than the oil is probably being obstructed and it is results in an abnormal tear film. I was told it is like having acne in your eyelids. Think if clogged pores on your nose - white heads and blackheads. When you squeeze your whiteheads on your nose, a thick paste comes out. If you keep squeezing it, the thick paste will eventually turn into oil(this may take of few days of squeezing the por eon your nose for the pore to become unclogged and turn into oil). This is my theory, the oil glands in the eyelids work the same way. If they get clogged, when your squeeze them a creamy or thick paste comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                    When the oil comes out of the glands it should look like clear oil. When the oil is cloudy, creamy, thick white than the oil is probably being obstructed and it is results in an abnormal tear film. I was told it is like having acne in your eyelids. Think if clogged pores on your nose - white heads and blackheads. When you squeeze your whiteheads on your nose, a thick paste comes out. If you keep squeezing it, the thick paste will eventually turn into oil(this may take of few days of squeezing the por eon your nose for the pore to become unclogged and turn into oil). This is my theory, the oil glands in the eyelids work the same way. If they get clogged, when your squeeze them a creamy or thick paste comes out.
                    When i squeeze along my lids i don't see anything coming out and they look normal - would this mean i don't have a problem with the glands even though the last Doctor i went to said the problem seems to be with my eye lids?? Soo confused.

Comment

Originally posted by acarol View Post
                      When i squeeze along my lids i don't see anything coming out and they look normal - would this mean i don't have a problem with the glands even though the last Doctor i went to said the problem seems to be with my eye lids?? Soo confused.
                      I wouldn't go near as far as saying thats proof that your MG's are normal...

Comment

Originally posted by marykate View Post
                        I've noticed white pus on my eyelids too and I have MGD. I don't know if that pus is an indicator of MGD though, but I definitely notice it after I do a warm compress. I also get white discharge collecting at outer corners of my eyes throughout the day (not mucus)...I have no idea what that is.
                        I have the exact same thing. i've never really paid attention to it except when i do warm compresses/lid massages but after i put drops in theres lots of "stuff" on my lower lid.

Daren

Comment

Acarol, do warm compresses for about five minutes and then squeeze, if nothing, do it for longer and then squeeze. If they are clogged you can not just squeeze them. You have to melt the oil a bit and then squeeze. You should see a cloudy oil or thick paste come out. Best to try your bottom lid and use one finger to pull the eyelid down and two hands. One finger to pull the eyelid down and one finger from each hand to apply pressure from each side of the gland. Kind of like pinching with two fingers. When I first did this, the white paste that came out was very thick and came out like squeezing a whitehead. Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                            Acarol, do warm compresses for about five minutes and then squeeze, if nothing, do it for longer and then squeeze. If they are clogged you can not just squeeze them. You have to melt the oil a bit and then squeeze. You should see a cloudy oil or thick paste come out. Best to try your bottom lid and use one finger to pull the eyelid down and two hands. One finger to pull the eyelid down and one finger from each hand to apply pressure from each side of the gland. Kind of like pinching with two fingers. When I first did this, the white paste that came out was very thick and came out like squeezing a whitehead. Keep us posted.
                            Thanks - i've tried that squeezing the eyelids but nothing - i'm thinking maybe i'm not leaving the warm compresses on long enough to melt the oil. I will try leaving it on for 15 minutes or more. I'm using a eye mask that i heat up in a bowl of water - is this ok? I know there are holes for the eyes on it but i pull it down over my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by acarol View Post
                              Thanks - i've tried that squeezing the eyelids but nothing
                              I've never seen anything come out of my MGs. I wouldnt think that you are doing anything wrong just because you aren't. Not to say that you might not be leaving it on long enough...but dont just base it on that. Eyes certainly aren't an exact science, what one person sees is not what the other does. One persons symptoms are not the same as others. I think this is why docs have such a hard time diagnosing anything. Just like that other thread out there where the doc compares his TBUT to the patients and says she should feel fine...just a bunch of crap.

Daren

Comment

Working...
                              X