Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again/ ocular rosacea follow-up

Hello All,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I still occasionally visit the site. It's been almost a year since I visited Dr. Latkany and finally got the diagnosis of ocular rosacea. In that year, I have been religious with my eyelid hygiene, and have started using white Dial soap, as I read on this site. I have had my plugs pulled, have gotten off the Pataday I was using, and have gotten off all hormones and Lipitor. For the past 2 months, most days have been pretty good. I hardly ever use eye drops during the day, and only use a little Dwelle or Nutratear in the evening. If I feel myself getting into trouble, I will pull out the prednisone drops, but use them very rarely. Most importantly, I have worked on getting my stress levels under control. I cut back a little at work, and try not to push myself.

Last night, something very stressful happened in my family, and I literally felt my eyelids get hot, and then my eyes dried out. I really believe that stress plays an important role in the vasodilation and subsequent edema/clogging of the meibomian glands, at least for me. I know it plays a similar role in skin rosacea.

I hope that my story will bring some hope to all ocular rosacea sufferers out there. I'm getting my life back, and hopefully, you will too. Good luck!

Kathel

Did you find that going off of Lipitor made an improvement in your eyes?

Comment

I think it did, though it's hard to sort out as I have done so many things. However, I did suffer from many bad side effects from the Lipitor, which have all resolved. I am now very anti-statin, which is another story. By the way, dry eye is listed as a side effect of Lipitor in the PDR. Meibomian secretion is mainly made of cholesterol, so it's not surprising.

Kathel

Comment

Working...
      X