I'm confused about MGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused about MGD

I had Lasik three months ago in one eye and have been in pain ever since in that eye.

On Friday I went to see Dr. Gagnon (San Francisco area) on the recommendation of Rebecca, he had a wonderful caring manner. He said I have facial rosecea and as a result MGD in BOTH eyes. So I had this condiition prior to my Lasik. I never had any eye problems prior to Lasik, no soreness or dryness.

What I am confused about is that I have a TBUT of 10, and I thought that was good. I have Schirmers test of 6. I thought a TBUT of 10 or more was good...if my oil glands are blocked how can I have such a high TBUT....isn't that good?

He did say that he thinks the Lasik and three weeks of post Lasik serious cornea erosions are what has upset my previous balance. He also suspects I am still having "slight" erosions, but erosions to me are thorns ripping across my eye ball so I can't imagine there being such a thing as a "slight" erosion. So I am not doubting his prognosis, just confused over the TBUT....any thought on that would be great.

he prescribed Doxycycl 50mg for three months.

I am also plugged up top and bottom, and am doing everything in DR. L's book and using everything from the dry eye store....so I got that cover.
Working...
X