Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis and fungus

Dr Bazan,

Would it be impossible that posterior blepharitis have an element of fungus? We are always prescribed steriods and anti-bacterials and they don't work. Could it be fungus even though the symptoms do not have the typical characteristics of fungus?

Thanks
    Last edited by Plat; 21-Jul-2008, 17:34.

I'm not sure about the fungus. However, I would align my thinking of unresponsive bleph along the lines of demodex.

Comment

Thanks, if it is domedox, how can an opthamoligist tell if they are always hidding in the lashes or in the glands? What self test can I do because the opthamolist here do not care to test for that. Also, what would be the best treatment for domodex? Can domedox be in the glands also?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
        Thanks, if it is domedox, how can an opthamoligist tell if they are always hidding in the lashes or in the glands? What self test can I do because the opthamolist here do not care to test for that. Also, what would be the best treatment for domodex? Can domedox be in the glands also?

Thanks
        You're welcome! Demodex can be found in both places. You need a microscope to confirm the diagnosis. You may even be able to do it yourself if you have the right setup and knowledge of what to look for. It is probably best to find a dermMD, OD, or OMD who works with one and who knows what they are looking for. If you need some help finding someone, let me know!

Comment

Working...
        X