Eye surface pain or inner eyelid pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlg_uk View Post
    That's where we're different I think - my margins look fine and have normal colour (i.e. the same as the skin on my outer eyelids). But beyond the margins into the inner eyelid (particularly the lower ones) it goes very red.
    No in my upper eye lid the actually skin (eyelid margin) is a normal colour but just behind the skin (when i pull up the eyelash) its kinda red looking and then the rest of it (towards the back of the eye) is normal colour (kinda hard to describe....). I don't have this in the lower lid. Weird.

Comment

My eyelids look kind of like yours jlg_uk, but a lot more red, with blood vessels all over them. I also have inner lower eyelid irritation, feeling of dryness, soreness, grittiness, burning, and feel like I have dust in them. My eyes also burn when I close them. I noticed it when my eyes started to feel bad about a year ago. I have MGD and some slight allergies.

When eyelids are red, it could be due to inflammation and/or allergies. Allergies are always hard to pinpoint, but it might be worth it to get that checked out...although since they cant test everything in the world, your tests might come out all negative. Anything you put on your face can bother your eyelids too. I realized this facial benzoyl peroxide cream I've been using have been making the burning worse after discontinuing for a couple weeks and nothing lessen of the burning, and then burning returning when I picked up using the cream again.

Also, try and find out of you have ocular rosacea.

Lately, I seem to have times when my eyes are not as red and even look healthy and light pink and what I think is helping are:
      1. Cool compresses
      2. Restasis (brings down inflammation for people with MGD, not only used for people w/ tear deficiency. This did take 6 months of use though)
      3. Working out everyday
      4. Following an anti-inflammatory guided diet (I say guided because I do not follow it to the tee, just guidelines)
      5. Stopping use of this particular facial cream.
      6. Tobradex when its really bad for 1 week to bring it back down to control.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the advice marykate.

I'd very much like to pin down exactly what I have and don't have (e.g. ocular rosacea) - hopefully then I can at least try to treat the causes of my problems.

Sadly with the medical people I see this doesn't seem to be easy to get definitive reliable answers! Still, must continue to try!

Comment

I've been having the same problem lately, where I recognize there's the eye pain and the eyelid pain and I probably stuff more drops in for the latter because I don't know what else to do! My eyelids are also red right on the bottom inside rim - one is worse than the other. I don't think I have MGD though. I'm really confused too.
          just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanza View Post
            I've been having the same problem lately, where I recognize there's the eye pain and the eyelid pain and I probably stuff more drops in for the latter because I don't know what else to do! My eyelids are also red right on the bottom inside rim - one is worse than the other. I don't think I have MGD though. I'm really confused too.
            Are you sure you don't have MGD - sometimes it is mis-diagonised. I had it for ages before i knew what was wrong.

Comment

I'm without a doctor at the moment but have only been diagnosed as having bleph and not enough tears. My rims just below the eyelashes, so the inner bit you can still visually see, are clean and look good it's just the insides that are a bit messed up - and really only in one eye. Just read what you put about the upper lids being harder to clean. I only have this with the upper lids. I don't express or anything but I clean them twice a day - or more if I'm not at work.
              just keep swimming...

Comment

Maybe you should try warm compresses - you can have lids that LOOK clean but you may still have MGD, theres are many different types of bleph, the one i was diagonised with was Meibomianitis.

Comment

I think you're right, I will see about trying compresses and not just the scrubs.
                  just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
                  X