Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD Major Cause for Lagophthalmos?

Anyone know?
    Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

to be honest I don't really know, but my common sense suggest there is no correlation between the two- as I think it has more to do with the lid mechanism. Though I might be wrong, I could be missing something....fair disclosure- I suffer from MGD and Lapotphthalmos-maybe the pain associated cause a reflex that prevent a complete closure....

interesting question but I think it's more important to find solutions- I found sleeping with Tranquil Eyes effective for my Lapotphthalmos

Comment

This is an interesting question, one that I have spent time pondering.

I had no dry eye problems prior to my PRK last year. I had never experienced dry eyes during the night or upon waking in the morning. How could refractive surgery cause my eyes to not completely close while sleeping?

My theory: there isn't a lot of spare room inside the eyelids. The eyelids cover the eyeball and that's it. So, if there's any edema on the eyeball, the lids won't easily be able to cover the whole thing, especially while relaxed (i.e. while sleeping). Inflammation can cause edema....

Is this as hairbrained as it sounds?

Comment

Working...
      X