MGD question about the oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD question about the oil

hello, i have a question, I think have read somewhere, that the oils produced in the meibomian glands, because of it's tooth-paste like consistency it can actually back up in the glands, and it can take a little while to melt this oil and get it all out and moving once again? is this right, or true? also, how long to get oil moving once again, by doing warm compresses and lid massage?

many thanks,

rhad

Rhad, about a year ago I squeezed my glands by pinching them and a long thick string of paste came out of my glands, just like squeezing whitehead or blackhead. When I squeeze them now the secretion is not as thick and sometimes it is like oil, but I still have symptoms as the tearfilm is unstable. It takes a long time and I have been told it is a skin condition like acne. I think we need to start treating as acne more than anything. Think, Doxy and Mino are for acne, that is why it is supposed to help MGD.

How did the flush go?

Comment

the flush went great actually, all the stones previous to this flush were bigger about the size of marbles or bigger, now their were very few stones, and alot of bile came out(it burns your bottom). all my symptoms have vanished, I am going to continue to do the flushes about every 3 weeks i think. i think I am coming to the end....also, my vision has improved significantly. I am taking oils now, which digest very well, because of better bile flow. my digestion is better. my eyes haven't cleared up completely, I think all I need to do now is warm compresses, which I just started doing again, yesterday, I am going to do them twice daily, in the morning and in the evening, to get the glands unclogged, and get the old oil out of the glands that is thick, and hopefully the oil will come out better, because liver/bile/fat digestion is fixed.

I am also starting to take 1 caps Flaxseed oil, 1 caps fish oil, 1 caps of borage oil per day, because now my fat absorption is better, I am actually gaining fat around my eyes.

rhad

Comment

Rhad, what is your take on low stomach acid contributing to dry eyes? Do you think HCL(hydrochloric acid) or pepsin would help?

Comment

I wouldn't take any antacids, because hydrochloric acid is important for digestion, food sits in your stomach until it is acid enough environment, and then it releases it into the small intestines.

antacids further impair digestion, why would you want to lower acid levels in your stomach, it is what helps prepare your food for digestion, and absorption of nutrients.

rhad

Comment

taking HCL might help, i can't really say, but you could try it.

bile flow is my main concern, as fats/fatty acids/fat soluble vitamins cannot be absorbed without it.

bile is an extremely alkaline fluid, it keeps your intestines clean and alkaline, when the food comes from the stomach and is acidified, the acidic food mixes with the alkaline bile, and it creates the ideal environment for digestive enzymes to digest, and absorb nutrients in the small intestine.

rhad

Comment

flushes

Rhad,

Do you do these flushes yourself or does someone do them for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                Rhad, what is your take on low stomach acid contributing to dry eyes? Do you think HCL(hydrochloric acid) or pepsin would help?
                How can you take HCL? Surely it will burn your oesophagus?
                Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Bruce, I know nothing about HCL but know it is a supplement and have read on the Rosecea forum that low stomach acid is a cause of Rosecea(as posted in a NYer). Blepharitis is connected to ocular Rosecea so HCL supplements may help? I read somewhere to find out if you have low stomach acid, take a HCL supplement with food and if your stomach does not get a burning feeling than you have low stomach acid. But I a haven't tried.

http://www.nutritionexpress.com/supp...oric+acid+hcl/
                  Last edited by Plat; 18-Aug-2008, 16:32.

Comment

Working...
                  X