MGD Success Stories Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren,

In my humble opinion (and in my case), once you've got your MGD under control, you can perhaps do the warm compresses at night when you go to bed and maybe only need to do this once a day versus twice a day. Then in the morning while in the shower you can throw in the eyelash scrub and at the end of the shower rinse your eyes with PF Unisol. It feels cool and great to the eyes. Your routine should become easier, hopefully. I think it takes a little while to establish a routine and when things get better, you can occasionally skip a step and not ruin everything... Best wishes!

Comment

I have basic MGD due to rosacea. Basically, the main problem is a lack of oil being produced.

Azasite gave me a success story for 2 weeks, then symptoms came back. I took it twice daily for first 3 days then once at night before bed. I literally thought i was cured. I am going back to 2 times per day and I am probably going to try N-acetylcysteine. Google it; some people are talking about being cured from it.
      Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

Just thought I`d add to my previous comment and mention that I seem to be having good periods and bad periods. Going back about three weeks my eyes felt really wet which was good. Over the recent weeks I`ve had good and bad days. FOr the last two weeks for some reason, every Monday and Tuesday has been bad days but the rest of the week mostly find. Yesterday (Tuesday) I had a REALLY dry right eye most of the day which was irritating wearing contacts. Without doing anything however, as the day went by it seemed to improve. Today has been a good day despite forgetting to scrub my lids this morning although I did do the warm compresses.

I`m not sure why after the weekend I`m getting dry eyes. I did drink some alcohol both weekends but not too much. And maybe the exact times of during the compresses/scrubs at weekends varies more (not always done first thing in the morning for example). Maybe it is just lifestyle related. I work weekdays away from my home. Friday night I drive home and don`t get to sleep until quite late. Sunday night I drive back to a place I rent near where I am currently working and don`t get to sleep until late either. Maybe because of the upheaval this causes me some stress that triggers the condition to be worse Mon/Tue. I`ve noticed in the past that my eyes dry out in stressful situations (almost immediately) so although the stress is much lower, just maybe it`s causing my eyes to be worse on Mon/TUesdays. Maybe something at home is triggering the condition to get worse.

One thing I have started doing is actually applying less pressure when massaging the lids - I think I might of been applying to much pressure.

Overall I think the compresses and massages are helping. When I first started the compresses I used to have clear round little bumps on top of glands (oil?) and once or twice had red lid swellings that circled the bump also. Now I don`t get any swollen red lid areas and only sometimes see a little clear cap or round ball on top of a gland or two.
        Last edited by DarrenM343; 10-Dec-2008, 16:12.

Comment

How I manage MGD

Hi,

I was diagnosed with MGD&Ocular rosacea by Dr. Tseng (Miami). I have 4 plugs and I can manage it with 100mg every the other day. I am also doing hot compresses and lid scrubs twice a day. If I stop doxy for two weeks I am back in dryness and severe pain. BTW, my Schirmer scores were 0 in both eyes for three times. If it's cold outside I am really tearing like I used to for 30 years. The only difference is that now I have 4 plugs. So I've had this for quite a long time without knowing what is it, but didn't bother me too much.
          I have tried Restatis for a long time and I gave up due to severe burning. I am still using Restatis from time to time only once a day. I can't tolerate it twice a day and I spray my eyes with water mist after instillation.
          Let's hope for a cure !!

All best !!

GeorgeT.

Comment

Working...
          X