Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

confused MGD better but pain increase???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused MGD better but pain increase???

I am now 9 months out from lasik and this is bizarre. In Aug I went to Dr in Texas who confirmed that my meiobian glands were blocked/closed - all doctors I've seen since Jan have been saying this but I kept hoping the rice baggies would help on their own. I got a script for Doxy 100mg from my Dr here at beginning of Sept. I was only on it 1 1/2 weeks and saw my Doc in Kentucky who gives me the blood serum. He look at my glands and said they weren't blocked and I asked him to press on them to verify and he did and the oil came out - I am actually feeling it on my eyes. However, my eyes hurt more now. As if my nerves aren't numb anymore but they actually hurt??? My eyes go in and out of dryness and this pain that is with it is a kick in the butt. So I don't know if its a part of the process of healing - nerves trying to work but not healed all the way? Anyone experience this?

My MGD is starting to improve a bit also - on my last hospital appointment she told me that there was oil coming out BUT i do feel my eyes kinda ache a bit more now esp with left eye (which was always my good eye) and i feel as if there is a dry patch there on the lower part of the left eye. Weird i know. It could be from contact lense use maybe (although i only wear them on social occasions).
    I've never had LASIK or any kind of laser surgery

Comment

My MGD has supposedly gotten better too. But I don't feel much different than when my doc said my glands were terrible. My eyelids definitely ache now, they are sore and they burn.

I thought that once my glands got better, I would feel significant improvement...but not the case.

There must be something else going on with our eyes that haven't been diagnosed....but I can't think of what.

Comment

I find the same. Better oil flow, but still sting and dry. I think, maybe, the oil is not quality oil. Maybe the bacteria has altered it, and it is toxic or not the right PH?

Comment

I can sympathise with both of you...I do regular compresses and even have my MGs expressed by local optometrist, who says they are working much better than before...yet I seem to have much more pain and discomfort!

It does all seem to have to do with the eyelids themselves - I have what he called a "rough patch" on the inside of on upper eyelid, which he says he doesn't understand how it got there...which is rubbing against the scarring I have on my cornea from a previous case of shingles...

it's all very frustrating and debilitating, when you're doing everything they tell you to do and it still hurts...and there's no explanation!

Comment

Originally posted by eva b View Post
            I can sympathise with both of you...I do regular compresses and even have my MGs expressed by local optometrist, who says they are working much better than before...yet I seem to have much more pain and discomfort!

It does all seem to have to do with the eyelids themselves - I have what he called a "rough patch" on the inside of on upper eyelid, which he says he doesn't understand how it got there...which is rubbing against the scarring I have on my cornea from a previous case of shingles...

it's all very frustrating and debilitating, when you're doing everything they tell you to do and it still hurts...and there's no explanation!
            I think i have that 'rough patch' on my lower left eyelid.. I can feel it rubbing against my eye when i blink. The warm compresses seem to irriate it a bit aswell.

Comment

Can you guy all describje what it was that you did to help the MG's?

I have been trying to figure out how to get my glands to start pumping some oil again and im not really sure what to do. I have MGD due to ocualr rosacea.
              Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by eva b View Post

Hi Eva, I had the same patch on the inside of my upper eyelid , my doc surgically removed it and had it sent to lab, came back as chronic inflamation,which doesn't explain why, but my eye felt a lot better and it hasn't returned...that was over a year ago..I still have the herpes zoster in my eye, the steriod drops gets rid of it but after off the drops for about a month or so the zoster comes back, I think that if I could get rid of the zoster for good my eyes would eventually get a lot better.

wishing you well ,Gary

Comment

Working...
                X