back again :( HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back again :( HELP!!

I have not posted in a while as I thought my dry eye was not so dry after a trip to the opthamologist. He told me last Apr. I had blepaharitis and gave me erythmycin oinment (don't have it in front of me- I think) and told me to use warm compress (use a tube sock filled with rice-heat in microwave 30-45 sec) and then put on ointment at bedtime. Yes, it helped immensely and he wanted to see me back in 3-4 weeks.

After the 3-4 weeks, my eyes seemed ok so I cancelled the appt. He was going to determine at that time if I wanted (or needed) plugs. Initially when he told me about those on my first visit, I decided to try the ointment instead and then I thought I had read about them and sometimes they are noticeable (which I do not want) and the thought of that just did not sit well with me. I also wear Oasys accuvue contacts which I try not to wear everyday but yes, I am vain and hate my glasses!

I know this whole problem started about this time last year and by Apr. it got so unbearable I had to see a doc. Now I feel as though it is starting to creep back into my life. Could it be related to the weather-putting the heat on in the house now??/ I am 50 which I know this is also a factor. No one from my family suffers from this at all though

I guess I am going to have to go back to the doc as my ointment is almost gone and last night I woke to the tearing and pain associated with this dissorder. Comments/suggestions PLEASE!!

Hi

Plugs may help - but they are very small and cannot be seen so don't worry about them on that score.

Your age could well be a factor because dry eye occurs most often in people over the age of 40 -and it tends to occur more often in women.

I cannot tolerate central heating because it makes my eyes so much worse, and that goes for having the heater on in the car - it's just tough for the passengers! I don't know what triggered my dry eye & blepharitis because I was only in my 30s when it kicked in - but then we are all different.

I don't really know much about using erythromycin long term; I found temporary relief from fucithalmic but long term use is not advised. I cannot use it now without it stinging and irritating my eyes.

Did the doctor mention things in your diet / general lifestyle? Often, they can make a difference.

Comment

Working...
    X