Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Article

http://www.revophth.com/index.asp?page=1_14036.htm
    Found this very informative, I think I will bring along a copy to my next Dr visit
    I have never heard about the possibility of being a chronic carrier of staph before. I am so frequently battling this , I wonder if it applies.
    The azasite "cures "me, but then it seems like I am reinfected again before I can turn around.

unmet patient needs

Good article.

2 things, they called protopic a gel? I wonder if that applied there can make the mgd worse... I'm betting yea...

And steriods on mgd, I've always wondered if they would help... When I've used them in the past I haven't noticed any help but I could be wrong.

All I know is azasite makes me feel a hell of a lot better. I don't think it is a good idea to continually use it for the ant. bleph because of resistance but there should be other options out there... maybe payment out of pocket is fair but this by all means increases quality of life.

btw: are you using the azasite cold or room temp? I notice cold I get less burning but the drop clumps up and it seems like I end up using more... doesn't seem as effective either
    Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Seems like all of us with MGD respond extremely well to steroids. I used lotemax to get a bought of keratitis, which was the first serious symptom i experienced from MGD, and my eyes were whiter than extra bright printer paper.

Hower, and unfortunately, many doctors will agree and published opinions will show, that steroids are not a long term answer and do not "solve" the problem but alleviate the symtoms.

I started AzaSite two weeks ago and the first week had me literally believing I was cured. After about 12 days i started seeing some redness come back and my eyes bothered me a little more. This is when I started the second bottle and have been suing 1 drop each eye every day before bed.

I had some issues with sleep a number of days ago and my eyes literally, were entirely bloodshot. Maybe this through everything off balance? I do not know, but I do know that i am not giving up becasue I made some seriously headway.

I will try to keep everyone informed, and if I dont and you want to know whats going on, feel free to mesa me.
      Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

azasite

Where in the u.k did you get azasite drops please

locky

Comment

Working...
        X