No announcement yet.

Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried the PF version of TheraTears Gel and used it for a few days in combination with the regular PF TheraTears. I never tried it for night-use, but you've just reminded me of another alternative if my current night routine doesn't pan out. I couldn't find PF TheraTears in the stores here, so ordered it online.

While we're discussing gels ... a note to Canadians out there ... Liposic gel has a preservative called centrimide which is almost as toxic to the eye as BAK. I used this gel for about 18 months until just recently, and have seen some marginal improvement over the last few days by going back to purely PF stuff. I don't see much discussion about Liposic on the boards, so it may be a Canadian product only. Either way, I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by mary kenny badami View Post
      Rebecca -- not to confuse anybody even more, but isn't "TheraTears Liquid Gel" a gel? and non-preserved?
      I tend to think of the "liquigels" (Theratears... Refresh... and there are probably others) as a sort of category of their own and that's why I didn't mention it but you're absolutely right Mary and thanks for pointing it out. In one sense it's really just a kind of viscosity spectrum... from drop to liquigel to gel. - In "gel gels" I think there's also a "Tears Again" gel... though not nearly as good as genteal... and if I remember right I think Alcon has a gel-type product sold in Aus and some parts of Europe.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X