eyes itching badly. help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyes itching badly. help

out of no where ,my eyes have started to itch very badly. i have had ocular rosacea for 4 years, and have had it under moderate control for quite a while, a drop of dwelle at bed time is all i ever used, and never had to put another drop in until bed time the following day. it is funny, when my eyes dont itch, i kind of have the standard pain that i have grown used to, but when they are itching, i have no pain, just the unbearable itch. i live in pittsburgh, so it is cold now, and the furnace is on, but i made it thru last winter without this itch. i have started using pataday drops, and am not really getting any kind of relief with that. any advice would be appreciated.

Where is the itch, does it feel like its coming from eye lids or around eye or else where?

If its eyelids i would say its probably allergy. Ocular rosacea doesnt normally itch but has soreness and related dry eye.

I have been told by eye docs that i have allergies but my eyes never itch, i came to the ocular rosacea conclusion after i had no luck from allergy tests or allergy eye drops, and air purifiers to eliminate dust.

I would go down the elimination route, get air purifier and do other steps to eliminate dust and mould. And try other allergy drops.

The fact your eye pain is better when you have the itch could be something like i get, immune response (causing inflammation) is preoccupied with the other problem so is not creating inflammation therefore less pain. This is what happens with me, its definitely not in my head.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I had intense itching with ocular rosacea...I just wanted to claw my eyelids off right at the corners. A 2 week course of azasite eliminated that. I still have other symptoms like aching and burning, but not that horrible itch.

Comment

I have intense itching from ocular rosacea, allergies (spring/summer) and when my plugs are not in the right position. Patanol relieves only the allergy itch.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
        X