Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Vessels on Eyelids

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone on this board has blood vessels all over their eyelids, not the eyelid margin, but on the inside of the eyelids when you pull down your eyelids to look at them.

I know that this is not normal and I was wondering if anyone knows what this may indicate...and if anyone has asked their doc.

Thanks so much!

Anyone??

Thanks!

Comment

I have this same issue to. I especially notice the red vessels when the corners of my eyes become painful. Went to my fav doc for this several times and he just said that they were irritated and recommended warm compresses and FML. When it is really painful, he will let me use tobradex for a week or so....

If the redness is also painful, you may want to get it checked out by your doc since it could be something other than mere irritation. There were a several times that the symptoms were related to an infection.

Comment

I'm not sure what blood vessels actually look like.

My inner lids are red, and indeed the tissue just under one eye has 5 red translucent like bumps on it.

Can anyone link an example pic?

Comment

The blood vessels just look like squiggly red lines all over my eye lids. I don't really have redness or many blood vessels on my eyes...but they are all over my eyelids. I don't have a picture =(

JAH1973, I do do warm compresses and use steroids...I was wondering if blood vessels indicate something more specific, rather than just irritation. What is FML?

Comment

I have them too. My doctor said that they are telangiectasias, and I have ocular rosacea. However, I have since gone around to everyone I'm close to and asked to and at their eyes. About half of these people have vessels too.

Comment

Did your doc say that the telangiectasis is caused by or a sign of ocular rosacea?

Comment

They said that the vessels are what indicated I have ocular rosacea. I think that is how they diagnosed me.

Comment

Working...
                X