Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oil glands- connection between skin and eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amy09 View Post
    eek i definitely never want to try accutane! i have heard horrible things about accutane (and of course, the stuff it can do to your eyes)! i actually have really really clear skin thanks to my dermatologist... it's just the oiliness that is a problem. how do i find out if i have ocular/facial rosacea?
    If your facial skin is clear and does not flush or get blotchy, you probably don't have facial rosacea. An ophthalmologist can diagnose ocular rosacea.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Hi Amy,
      Can you help me please? What has your dermatologist done/given you to keep your skin clear? I often break out.
      Thanks so much

Suneet.

Comment

Well, I've been going to the dermatologist since I was about 12 or 13 b/c my dad's side of the family has really bad skin. we all have found a similar solution that works really well though.

i wash my face with cetaphil. then i put some kind of skin medicine on my face called klaron and then i put on differin 0.1% over that. it's an interesting combination, but seems to work good for me. i think most of my cousins all use cetaphil and differin, too. i've heard from some people who don't like differin, but i've never really had any problems with it before. one of my cousins decided to do accutane, but i think he had some problems while he was on it.

i make sure to never take any medicine orally for my skin because i don't want it to cause my eyes to become too dry. i stick to topical treatments.
        -Amy

Comment

Working...
        X