No announcement yet.

Frustrating day, not sure what to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick update. I just finished my 30 days of Lotemax and am feeling much better. My MGD has all but vanished and my TBUT went from 2 to 6. My doc said the Lotemax was prescribed more for diagnostic reasons, to see how I would react. I mentioned to him my surprise that it took nearly two weeks for the Lotemax to take effect, when in years past it only took a few days. He explained that it took time to reduce the inflammation, which resulted in my meibomium glands beginning to function again. It's not so much the Lotemax but the increase in lipids that is making me feel better now. He is more than pleased with my progress. I am to taper off the Lotemax over the next two weeks, unless I flare back up then I have to start it again. I started Doxy today which I will take for at least 30 days. After that, he may or may not switch me to Azazite (topical doxy). I have been on Lotemax before but always returned to square one as soon as I went off of it. I'm hoping the Doxy etc. will keep me feeling better for the long term.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by kitty View Post
      Quick update. I just finished my 30 days of Lotemax and am feeling much better. My MGD has all but vanished and my TBUT went from 2 to 6. My doc said the Lotemax was prescribed more for diagnostic reasons, to see how I would react. I mentioned to him my surprise that it took nearly two weeks for the Lotemax to take effect, when in years past it only took a few days. He explained that it took time to reduce the inflammation, which resulted in my meibomium glands beginning to function again. It's not so much the Lotemax but the increase in lipids that is making me feel better now. He is more than pleased with my progress. I am to taper off the Lotemax over the next two weeks, unless I flare back up then I have to start it again. I started Doxy today which I will take for at least 30 days. After that, he may or may not switch me to Azazite (topical doxy). I have been on Lotemax before but always returned to square one as soon as I went off of it. I'm hoping the Doxy etc. will keep me feeling better for the long term.
      I too am having much success...congrats on yours!! How great that you are finding relief. I have really liked the azasite...I just don't like the price. I was able to get a few samples from the doctor, so I have only bought 1 so far. He says there is no long term adverse effects from continuing to take it, so I have continued for now. I am also taking oral doxy 100 mg for the first week, and 50mg for 6 weeks following.

Comment

Kitty, I am so glad to hear you are finding relief. Wishing you even more success!!

Comment

topical doxy drops

I got a scrip for topical doxy which is being compounded at the pharmacy...I'll let you know how I do. It will be much more cost effective than the azasite. The doc recommended after my appt today doing a week of lotemax followed by these doxy drops.

Comment

Working...
          X