Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocular Rosacea and warm compresses-how many of you do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocular Rosacea and warm compresses-how many of you do this?

I am curious how many of you do warm compresses with ocular rosacea. My doctor told me to do them due to ocular rosacea with MGD and blepharitis, along with lid hygiene following the warm compress. There are such varied reports here that I am curious about your thoughts.

I have ocular rosacea and have do warm compresses followed by QTip extraction of MGs. I think that it helps. I too have heard that you are not supposed to use heat on inflamed eyelids. However, my eyelids are not really hot, puffy or painful as I have heard from others here. I just have blocked MGs according to my dry eye doc. I think that the main issue is to keep the MGs flowing and the oil de-keratinized. Heat is good for this, but if you feel that it is exacerbating eyelid inflammation, you may want to just try QTip extraction.

I also have been getting good results from Ocusoft Plus pads. Sterilid and Baby Shampoo wreaked havoc, but Ocusoft pads do a good job and I have noticed less scurf on my lashes.

HTH,
    Gretchen

Comment

Warm compress

No I stopped it. It made my eyes worse.I don't think my Glands are plugged, because one day my eyes are great,next day they're hellish.Surely my glands can't be plugged one day and flowing the next. It's my facial inflammation as a whole that's the problem. When you flush/blush it affects not only your cheeks but also the surrounding tissue around the eyes. On my flushing days my eyes are terrible. I assume the inflammed tissue around the eyelids are stopping the normal flow of oils (but they are not permanantly plugged).
      So if on a bad day I used a warm compress It would just add to the inflammation.

I've tried every drop, plugs, nothing helps. I now only drink plenty of ice cold water and keep skincare products away from my eyes.
      regards
      Robbie

Comment

Working...
      X