Sticky Eyelids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Eyelids

I have really bad MGD where no oil can be expressed...I believe I make oil, they are just completely blocked and has refused to come out for over a year and a half. I normally feel nothing after a warm compress. But lately, my eyelids have become bit sticky when I blink right after a warm compress. Does that mean anything? Does it mean that my clogged oil is finally slowly starting to come out a bit? I really hope so. I don't feel any better, but I assume that oil that's been clogged for over a year and half probably isn't any good for the tear film anyway. Any thoughts? Anyone with the same deal? Thanks!

I'm no expert but I think that sounds promising! Do you see any oil or pooling of moisture along your lid margin? I'd suggest doing your cleansing after you express your glands and wipe your lids clean with a qtip if you think the oil is irritating your eyes/lids.

Comment

Today, I saw some yellow dots on my eyelids after my warm compress. My eyelids feel even stickier. Are those yellow dots my 1.5 year old clogged oil finally starting to show itself out? I really hope so...I haven't had any oil come out in a really long time (1.5 years!), when my doc expresses my glands, nothing comes out. Anyone have sticky eyelids and yellow dots on lid margins after warm compress?

Comment

As for symptoms, I don't feel a difference....but I think it will take a while, at least until after I get rid of that ancient oil....

Comment

Odyness- I think that what you are describing is PROGRESS. Keep up your routine and eventually your eyes will notice and feel the difference. I had one eye doc say that things can improve but it takes awhile for the eye to register this or even just balance out.

Comment

Working...
          X