MGD and Blepharitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD and Blepharitis

Does everyone with MGD have blepharitis and vice versa? Or can you have one and not have the other? If anyone can shed some light on this for me I would really appreciate it.

I have been told before that I have MGD and no bleph or little bleph. But, as far as I understand the two seem to go hand in hand. To me is seems easier to get the bleph under control, the MGD seems to take more time and work. Both supposedly cant be cured but can often be managed to a comfortable and state.

Comment

I have been told the same. MGD.

Is this what causes the searing burning or simply dryness?

What do you do to find comfort?
      pianolady

Comment

If you search "MGD" you will find countless threads about it. There are a lot of things that work for some and not for others. It may take some experimenting. I have done countless things though and have not had very much success (thus the 90 percent blocked comment by the IPL doctor)...so for me I am hoping that treatment will be my answer- but for you- compresses and scrubs may do the trick!

Comment

I have been told I have MGD and Bleph. The only thing that has noticeably given me some comfort is steroid drops. With that said, steroids usually are not prescribed for very long and have some pretty bad side effects if used long term. I have been on a very steady regimen of warm compresses, restasis, allergy drops and preservative free artificial tears and my eyes feel better than they did a few years ago. However, I am still in pain pretty much all the time, it's just not as bad as it used to be. I agree with autumnn, I feel the main source of my pain comes from my glands being mostly clogged. The new IPL treatment sounds very intriguing.

Comment

Working...
          X