The natural Route....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The natural Route....

I hate this lid inflammation (bleph). The lid cleaning just gets the crust out, but it continues on. I have to knock the inflammation out, but I wanna take the supplement route since my doc doesn't want me to try steroids since it may cause dependence/may make things worse in the long run. If supplements can work for arthritis patients and their inflammation, then there has to be something good for us bleph sufferers in Whole Foods or the Vitamin Shoppe that can put an end to this eyelid inflammation. Anyone have luck with supplements????

To be honest, I don't know if the supplements are actually doing my eyes any good at all - but they are probably OK for my overall health and not doing me any harm.

By supplements, I mean things like flaxseed and lutein. I have taken doxycycline on a regular basis for years so I take Acidophlous as a probiotic.

My diet is pretty good anyway so I don't think I need to go overboard at the Health Food shop. This doesn't stop me from thinking that there could be something else I could be doing though.....I am always open to new ideas.

Comment

doxy

does DOXY have any effect on bleph? I'm very curious about that...

Comment

Originally posted by ms11369 View Post
        does DOXY have any effect on bleph? I'm very curious about that...
        Doxycycline helped me get my blepharitis down a little bit. My understanding is that its anti-inflammatory effect has a positive impact on the secretions of the meibomian glands. If the glands are secreting more oil, your tear film works better and helps with inflammation.

I did a 90 day treatment and feel that it helped my posterior bleph and MGD along with Restasis.
        Last edited by LasikRelatedDES; 29-Jun-2009, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by ms11369 View Post
          I hate this lid inflammation (bleph). The lid cleaning just gets the crust out, but it continues on. I have to knock the inflammation out, but I wanna take the supplement route since my doc doesn't want me to try steroids since it may cause dependence/may make things worse in the long run. If supplements can work for arthritis patients and their inflammation, then there has to be something good for us bleph sufferers in Whole Foods or the Vitamin Shoppe that can put an end to this eyelid inflammation. Anyone have luck with supplements????
          I'm partial right now to the Fish Oil + Resveratrol combo I'm using right now. If the hype about resveratrol is true, it is a powerful antioxidant that could help as part of an anti-inflammatory diet. It's why some dry eye remedies include eating lots of red grapes. Omega-3s have been discussed ad nauseum on this site, so please start taking some.

I've also made hot compresses using eyebright herbal tea. I don't really know where this one came from... but it can't be worse than tap water.

Comment

Working...
          X