is this possible with MGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this possible with MGD

My eye dr. says I have 1-2 blocked glands on both eyes. However, only my right eye waters. Is this wierd? It has gotten alot better but it's still there.

1-2 blocked glands? Meibomian glands? We have about 70 MGs on each of our eyes spaced across the upper and lower eyelid margins. Most folks with MGD have a majority percentage of these glands blocked. One or two blocked MGs would not render you symptomatic. Does he mean chalazions? These are similar to styes. These are blocked and infected glands that swell, become red, inflamed and painful.

If you have chalazions, they can be excised or a more slow, less risky approach are warm compresses which you should be doing of you have MGD. A good place to start for this would be Dr Latkany's "The Dry Eye Remedy". It is available on this site for the Dry Eye Shoppe. It is a great primer that you help you understand dry eye and your options.

Good luck.
    Gretchen

Comment

Hi Gretchen,

Yes, it is MGD -- not chl(I forget how to spell). I will check into that book. Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
        One or two blocked MGs would not render you symptomatic.
        I recall reading a study that showed even having a few blocked meibomian glands can render symptoms. I'm sure it differs by person.

Also, the doc may have only seen caps on a couple glands but other glands could be clogged and not capped.

Comment

Working...
        X