some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some help!

I'm not sure wether the crazy bleph made me lose a ton of my eyelashes or not. A derm sent me for blood test to see if alopecia may be the culprit. I have like 15-20 lashes left on each eye. There is debris and an eyelash or 2 stuck in each eye but I can't flush them with an eyecup because it'll probably loosen some of the existing lashes (it did loosen one when i tried last week). I'm tired of blinking, drops, and having NOTHING come out. Would it be easier to just take tweezers and pull them all out and them comfortably flush out the stuff in there? What else could I do?

I can't answer the last part of your question about taking all your eyelashes out, as aren't they there to protect your eyes from debris? I do know from reading other posts on this site, that yes, eye lashes definitely get less with this problem.

Comment

hi,

thanks for the reply. Do you suffer from bleph? How did you finally bring the lash loss to a halt? I used ocusoft, my facial cleanser, and even a cup of warm water on my finger to vigorously scrub out the hardened debris on my upper lids with my nails. Maybe I need something stronger?? I saw sterilid on sale at CVS earlier in the week. I'm desperate enough to try it and see if it does any good!

Comment

Hi

Well I've been told I have MGD, meibomium gland disfunction, which is allegedly pre blepharitis, but I was told by somebody else that I actually have Bleph. However, I now manually get rid of the oil from the glands after a hot compress, and there's alot of oil and stuff (sorry, revolting) that comes out every morning, so I guess that ties in with MGD.

I've been doing this for about 3/4 months now, and have seen an improvement. I don't think it'll ever get completely better and will be a case of keeping on top of it, and hopefully having more better days than bad ones!

I haven't lost any eyelashes yet, but have read alot of people on here who have, so hopefully somebody who has, will reply to you and advise you on the best course of action.

I also use Systane eye drops, the preservative free units. I've tried lots, and to be honest most of them made me instantly worse, so I was very relieved to find one that works.

Good luck with it all.

Sally

Comment

Hope I find a soultion to this soon. I'm tired of dealing with loose eyelashes, crust, and an awful smell. My first doc thought infection but azasite and steroids did NOTHING. Believe me, I am SO incredibly tempted to dip a swab in unisol and gently swab the inside of my eye to fetch the culprits stuck in there

Comment

Working...
          X