Plugged gland, chalazion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugged gland, chalazion

I've got a plugged MG on my lower lid that been swollen for a few weeks. It's not giant, but it's big enough that I can see a white spot on the inside of the lower lid. I think it'd be considered a chalazion at this point. I went to the eye doc last time I had a plugged up gland and he scraped it off, but told me they normally go away by themselves. This one is worse in that it seems to actually have some size to it.

I've started doing the warm compresses several times a day, but so far it hasn't really done anything I can tell. I wonder if I'm past the point where it will ever clear itself? Has anyone has success with the over the counter stye treatments like the Similisan?

I was taking Restasis, but I stopped when I saw this thing was getting worse. It seems to me that the Restasis may have helped cause this since my lower lids have been more red since I started it.

I also have some Alrex I was taking before, I wonder if that would be helpful? I have some 1 year old doxy still in the cabinet too. I've been unable to find any information on the shelf life of that.

I'll probably make an appointment we my optometrist next week, though I'm clearly a problematic patient and I dread going back again. I have an appointment with an ophthalmologist in a month, but that may be too long to wait.

Thanks for any ideas.

I would go and get it expressed by your optometrist, if he's willing to do it, which will prevent it turning it into an more obstinate chalazion. It sounds just like a blocked gland.

good luck

Comment

Working...
    X