Durezol and MGD ... a risk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durezol and MGD ... a risk?

Wondering if any of you have tried Durezol spefically to treat your posterior bleph/MGD. I see that bleph is actually considered a potential small risk of taking this drug! Anyone? Thanks.

Yes I tried it for six weeks. It didn't work very well for me. I know that it is supposed to be a pretty strong steroid drop and my eye doctor was excited about it because it did not contain BAK as a preservative. It still did have a preservative, but I can't remember what it was called. My eyes definitely felt less dry while I was on it, but they still felt very irritated and the drop stung really bad upon instillation. It may be worth a try if your having a lot of problems with your eyes because these drops can have different effects on different people. I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Dave. What condition were you prescribed it for?

Comment

Originally posted by RobLIC View Post
        Thanks Dave. What condition were you prescribed it for?
        I have bleph/MGD. My doctor always tells me I have a lot of allergies in my eyes as well. I have been tested many times for allergies and the only thing I am allergic to is dust mites. So there must be something else going on that I haven't figured out yet. The best steroid drops I have used are a preservative free steroid called Solucortef. When I use that 4 times a day my eyes actually feel somewhat normal. However, I am never on them for very long so the relief is very short-lived.

Comment

Hi Dave. Thanks for your answer. I am treating bleph/MGD also. Today was my first full day on the Durezol and it was actually a pretty good one, relatively speaking. If you search the Web for Durezol and MGD you don't even see a lot of dox using it as a treatment, so it's interesting to me to know this is also why it was prescribed to you. I'm praying I get a good ride out of it.

I assume you have to stop the Solucortef because of the danger of steroids, IOP etc. Good luck.

Comment

Yeah, the side effects of long term steroid use are well documented. I think Durezol is a fairly new medication so that may be the reason why many docs have not used it yet.

Thanks and good luck to you as well. I hope it works for you.

Comment

Working...
            X