Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone's dry eyes been treated by antihistamine drops only?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone's dry eyes been treated by antihistamine drops only?

Recently (about 3 weeks ago) I started putting Claritin Eye drops in the evening. They contain ketotifen fumarate which is what Zaditor has. I noticed that the day after, my eyes are much less sensitive to wind and the sun.. and just feel a lot better in general. I don't have any allergies that I know of, but I feel like what caused my dry eyes was the solution I used - Renu, and careless use (didn't wash lenses properly.. had them on for too long each day.. 12-14 hours).

This started bothering me about a year ago, and last summer, at the beginning of July of this year, I stopped wearing contact lenses completely. I noticed they felt better after I drank lots of water and took 2 flaxseed oil pills a day.

Recently, however, I noticed that I would forget to take flaxseed, and didn't drink as much water.. but I've been using the allergy drops every day. Could they eventually heal my eyes? Does anybody else have a similar story?

I know I shouldn't bump threads, but I'm really interested if anybody had this sort of thing, and if I'm on the right track.
    Is it bad to use antihistamine drops for a prolonged amount of time? I've been using them for about 3-4 weeks each night.. they're helping.

Comment

I don't think anti-histamine drops cause problems with long term use, but I'm not sure. I have used Zaditor for about 2 years, although I just recently switched to Pataday. I wish they gave me as much relief as you seem to be getting from them, but I don't notice much of a change after I use them. If things are going well for you right now I don't see any reason why you should change your routine. Good luck.

Comment

hey, check the success stories section - SallyP was recommended allergy eye drops by an optician and her eyes have healed! just been to my optometrist - she told me to use allergy eye drops for six weeks, fingers crossed - i'm close to suicidal from my severe eyes!

Comment

I use Patanol 2x per day with no ill effects. I have never noticed problems from using these drops. (I did try Pataday first - it's the same medication as Patanol, but 2x strength. When my eyes were irritated, the Pataday sometimes stung, but seemed to cause no problems.)

Allergies can be a huge contributor to eye problems. In my case, allergy eye drops could not control my allergies; I had to add Nasonex and Zyrtec to get full control.

Comment

Working...
          X