Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

28yr old Male with Dry EYES. Do you think this may be the cause???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28yr old Male with Dry EYES. Do you think this may be the cause???

I am a 28yr old male with Dry Eyes that seem to be getting worse. I am very healthy in all ways. I have no family history of anything bad. Well it started approx 2 years ago and I only changed one thing. It was December and I started Allergy Shots (immunotherapy). They start out by giving you a low dosage of things you are allergic to twice a week and slowly increase the dose until maintenance dose and then you stay at that dose for approx 5 years. I started getting really Dry eyes in February and I started my Allergy Shots in Mid December. Although my Allergies have gotten way better my Eye seem to be getting dryer as time goes on. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or any experiences. I also have seen many doctors and all they say is to use eye lubricant or to get my tear ducts cauterized. I tried plugs in the bottom tear ducts (ones that dissolved after 2 weeks) and they made no difference. Can anyone please help before this gets even more unbearable.
    HELP PLEASE
    Last edited by bjornbjorn; 11-Aug-2010, 20:05. Reason: I live in Western Canada where it is very humid

What part of Canada are you in? Perhaps someone here could make a recommendation about a doctor who could be more helpful with a more specific diagnosis.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X