Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irritated tissue of inner corner of eye and dryness?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritated tissue of inner corner of eye and dryness?

The tissue of the inner corner of my left eye is extremely red and irritated. Been that way a few days with my eyes dryer than normal in that same time. It's slightly painful and upon close inspection in the mirror, looks really inflammed and has small white ulcerated looking spots on it.

Any thoughts or ideas? Wondering if i should go to the doc?

Thanks.

Sounds similar to what I had a few weeks ago... was driving me bonkers!

Anyhow, in my case, what was causing it was the way I was opening my eyes in the morning (and overnight). I was opening them too fast, and the lids were stuck to the pink fleshy part of my eye in the inner corner... the pulling open made them super irritated, red, and with little white bumps on them.... kind of ulcerated looking as you describe.

Anyhow, I fixed it by going really easy on my eyes for a couple of days AND when opening my eyes overnight, being extra carefull to make sure some artificial tears had a chance to seep in there first for lubrication. Hard to be patient and just lie there with your eyes stuck shut, but was worth it to me when I found that it totally fixed that problem.

I assume you don't have any discharge from your eyes that might indicate an infection?

Of course, if there's any doubt as to whether or not this might be due to an infection of some sort, then see your doc to be on the safe side!

Comment

Thanks SAAG. Did your eyes feel stuck together? Mine really don't feel that way.

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
      Sounds similar to what I had a few weeks ago... was driving me bonkers!

Anyhow, in my case, what was causing it was the way I was opening my eyes in the morning (and overnight). I was opening them too fast, and the lids were stuck to the pink fleshy part of my eye in the inner corner... the pulling open made them super irritated, red, and with little white bumps on them.... kind of ulcerated looking as you describe.

Anyhow, I fixed it by going really easy on my eyes for a couple of days AND when opening my eyes overnight, being extra carefull to make sure some artificial tears had a chance to seep in there first for lubrication. Hard to be patient and just lie there with your eyes stuck shut, but was worth it to me when I found that it totally fixed that problem.

I assume you don't have any discharge from your eyes that might indicate an infection?

Of course, if there's any doubt as to whether or not this might be due to an infection of some sort, then see your doc to be on the safe side!

Comment

Yeah, my eyes are always stuck shut after sleeping. Using Lacrilube ointment overnight helps a ton, but it doesn't completely fix it.

I used to use Genteal Gel overnight, but developed a sensitivity to it... eyes get viciously red if I use Genteal Gel now.

Comment

Working...
        X