This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pataday makes a tremendous difference

Only on day 4, and it happened so fast. It's a sensation of smoothness and relief I never had before. My inner eyelids were so sore that even simply wearing my glasses had become very painful, but in the last two days I was able to wear them for a few hours straight with minimal strain.

I was able to go out and walk at night without being so disturbed by all the street lamps (not because of photophobia).

It's all very far from perfect, but it really, really does seem like my swollen inner eyelids are finally being given the treatment they needed.

I had initially dismissed allergies months back, because I thought that were I to suffer from allergies I would have had additional symptoms. Then in early April, and throughout the summer, my condition which was relatively stable grew exponentially worse each day, making me suspect allergies.

Virtually all drops only burned further, and I was just told by Dr. Latkany that I have no signs of MGD or rosacea to the eyes. I never really felt that my eyes were dry, only that my inner eyelids were always sore. By eliminating all of that there's virtually only allergies left.

I had tried Opticrom many months back but only for a few days straight. Later I realized that it takes one full week of application before its effects begin to show. I do remember that about six years back, I started suffering from lid pain, and I used Opticrom for treatment then. A while after I remember being able to live normally without suffering from eye pain.

This is so nice, I was forced to shelter myself throughout all summer but now I can be more outgoing again. I thought I would be forced to cancel my trip to Asia scheduled for next October, but now that won't be the case anymore.

In the coming weeks I'll wait for the rest of the swelling to gradually subside, and reap in the benefits. Can't wait to play a game for hours straight without ever thinking of my sore lids all the while.

I don't intend to stay on Pataday because it has the BAK preservative. I had tried one dose of Patanol a few weeks ago, and I must say that in comparison Pataday was significantly less painful to my lids.

I will use preservative-free Zaditen, which I have already ordered from an Australian online pharmacy.

This is wonderful news, Roderick! I am so happy for you.
    Does Zaditen have the same active ingredient as Pataday?

How uplifting it is to read such an upbeat post about success.

Comment

Which online pharmacy do you use? Do you need a prescription?
      sigpic

Comment

No, you don't need a prescription.

I used http://www.epharmacy.com.au/home.asp

Anyhow I had an allergy test, and it was all negative. Hmmm, it would seem the relief I felt is not treating the actualy source. Bummer.

I have other suspicions which I am currently investigating, though.

Comment

Originally posted by kkahthesea View Post
          Which online pharmacy do you use? Do you need a prescription?
          Pataday is a prescription drug.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
            Pataday is a prescription drug.
            That's not what we were referring to, rather we were referring to Zaditen, which is Zaditor marketed in other countries. In Australia, it is available in a preservative-free from, without the need for a prescription.

Comment

Working...
            X