Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question ---When do you know DE is due to allergy, or has an allergy component?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question ---When do you know DE is due to allergy, or has an allergy component?

As I'm only seeing bad DE doctors --who's name I will not include-- it still isn't known if I suffer from allergies of any kind. What does it need to be done to find out if an allergy is present in the DE condition?

allergies..

The first thing I was told to do was Intra-dermal allergy tests, which require you to endure a bunch of needle sticks in the shoulder. I also did a scratch test, where they scratch your back with all the common allergens that are routinely tested for/treated. After I did both of these (which cost about $800 to have done), my allergist suggested I still had allergies despite the negative results. He put me on a steriod (prednisone), Pataday (a common anti-allergy drop), and Lodrane (an antihistamine). These did seem to help my DE symptoms, at least during peak allergy season.

Comment

Wow. I was logging in to post just this question.

I have been suffering progressively worse DE symptoms all week and thought I was going down hill until somebody mentioned that the pollen count is through the roof right now.

Like Ariel said, can a decent doctor tell if it's allergies (which I never noticed until this year) or if it is indeed a form of DE?

Comment

I think there is the possibility of allergies causing blepharitis which in turn causes DE as opposed to blepharitis of an unknown cause for which there is no cure. This blepharitis will cause DE and the DE will never go away because we'll never know what to do to cure the blepharitis that's causing it.
        Last edited by Ariel; 26-Aug-2010, 19:45.

Comment

Allergies and DE

I have both. I'm going to take antihistamines twice a day due to a post I just read. Hopefully, these DE's will feel better.

Comment

Working...
          X