This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could it be in the WATER!

I am a 29 year old suffering from dry eye for about 3 years now. I am very healthy (other than the dry eyes) and exercise regularly. I do suffer from mild allergies which I have been getting immunotherapy for 3 years and my allergies are almost gone. My dry eyes started 3 years ago, oddly enough I started getting dry eyes 5 months after moving into a new house. It is an older house built in the early 80's. I read somewhere that houses built before 86 had lead piping for plumbing. I also know that Tap water contains metals and other toxins. My belief is that there is something in my new house that could be causing my dry eyes as it is getting more and more worse the longer I live here. I drink a lot of water 8-10 glasses a day and I eat very healthy mainly organic and I wont touch anything packaged. My wife never drinks water just soda pop, juice and coffee. Lately she has been drinking more water and has complained of burning eyes. We all know the feeling of burning eyes is related to dry eyes and isnt fun at all. Also we live very close to a very busy highway in a big city which pollution is very high. I also live in Western Canada in a very humid place where mold is very high. I am trying to get to the bottom of this as I have seen over 30 doctors and none of them can figure this out. Could it be from Pollution? Drinking Water? Mold?

Did you find the cause of this?

It could be any of those if you have an allergy. Dust from old house. High nickel content in the water. Pollution...

Im looking into Nickel because ive been told allergies and ive eliminated most except this.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Sazy...lots of people are allergic to nickel but if you are thinking of eliminating..

this be aware it is in money (pretty hard to avoid!) and can also, oddly, line mascara tubes! Make sure the mascara you use does does not have a tube made of metals/ lined with metals that can include nickel (if you use it). Reputable companies should be able to provide you with this information.

Comment

Working...
      X