This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preservative Free Anti-allergy drops in Canada or the United States

Does anyone know of any preservative free, single dose unit anti-allergy drops in either the US or Canada?

I am aware of only 1 - which I just ordered. It is the Cromolyn 4% Preservative Free Ophthalmic Solution availabe from Leiter's Pharmacy in San Jose California. They have a website that contains all of this info.

I have contacted another compound pharmacy about preservative free ketotifen (Zaditor, Patanol) eye drops and they say it will cost $150 (Zaditor is $15 at Walgreens over the counter).

Is anyone aware of any mast cell stabilizers or anti-histamines that are availabe preservative free?

I occassionally travel to Canada and can buy over the counter medicines in the pharmacy. Are there any available there? Like Vividrin single dose units? or Zaditen Preservative Free?

Thanks a bunch for any info.

I dont' know but I'm eagerly going to follow this thread as I've been on Pataday for several months now and would LOVE to find a PF version of drops.

Do you need your doctor to order them for you, btw? What was the other Pharmacy if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

preservative free anti-allergy eye drops

I contacted Leiter's and were told that they have a variety of preservative free eye drops as well as a low preservative patanol that is well tolerated by most people. In order to obtain a prescription, your doctor needs to call Leiter's. Leiter's will discuss the options available and your doctor will determine which drops would work best for you. Leiter's calls you to obtain your insurance information and will ship the drops for $7. My dry eye is caused by allergies. I will probably need drops on a regular basis and don't want to use those with preservatives because of the possible long term problems associated with them.

Comment

I see I'm a month late but this was my solution:

http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product....%25+0%2E4ml+20

$34.34 for 2 packs with shipping to the US.

Hope it helps someone.

Comment

Gilligan - thanks - just ordered a couple of packs to try out. If it 'cures' my DES I'll walk to the US to thank you personally

Ell
          The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Best of luck Ell!

I'm loving them. This part of the year has been notoriously bad for me, but not as bad this time. When I asked my eye doc about allergy drops he said allergies were undoubtedly playing a part in my condition. That made me wonder why he never recommended I try them before I brought it up but I'm sure glad I did.

The best part about these is I can feel relief within minutes.

Again I hope they work for you and others.

Comment

Working...
            X