This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergic to sweater??

Some of you talk about good and bad dry eye days depending on the color socks we're wearing.

Well.....a couple weeks ago my eyes started feeling a little manageable, and them BAM, the next day my eyes felt HORRIBLE. And the inside of my eyelids also felt terrible and painful. That pattern always happens to me, so I didn't take much notice, except that I was wearing a specific sweater. So fast forward to this week, where for a couple days, my eyes started feeling a little better and then today I was miserable. I just realized I was wearing the SAME sweater, my only sweater made with 6% angora rabbit hair.

Could it be possible that my sweater is making my eyes feel worse, or am I just going craaaaazy??

It does go up and down, you think it's going good then you wake up and have a bad week!
    just keep swimming...

Comment

I'm allergic to one of my sweaters too. If I wear it, I got red neck and my eyes get dryer and redder.

Comment

In my case, allergies seem to have a lot to do with things. I don't always know the trigger though. I'd wait a couple weeks, try the sweater one more time (if you love it!), then donate it to someone who really needs a sweater if your eyes go crazy again. Just my two cents

Comment

I absolutely think allergies probably have a lot to do with many of our problems. I have the same good day bad day experiences. I threw my rabbit lined gloves away, they made me sneeze like crazy, so that was an easy one. The ones that puzzle me more are the chemicals and fragrances in many of the everyday items I come into contact with.

Comment

Rabbit fur ranks right up there with cat fur for me. I will react within minutes. Even a tiny amount of rabbit fur would do me in.

Comment

Hmm..interesting. I did get allergy tested upon Dr L's instructions, but I did not think to add rabbit testing to that =(. I have put my sweater away and hope that it will decrease the frequency my super horrible day occurences.

Comment

Absolutely YES!!!! You are probably allergic to your sweater. Angora and/or rabbit's hair. I can't wear them or even touch them in the store. My eyes immediately itch.

Comment

Thanks again everyone for your responses! I have one more question...can you be allergic without itching?

Comment

Yes, of course. Everyone has different reactions.

Comment

Working...
                    X