Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't want to post in this thread because it has so much great information already. I would like to say that RCE's can be caused by just rubbing your eye during the day. I know we shouldn't do it, but it's a common practice for me. I think many on the board here have map-dot-finger-prints, EBMD and other dystrophies. Just so happens the first time I ever heard of it was at a second opinion doc just a few weeks after my Lasik. My left flap sort of fell apart during the procedure. That remains my "worst' eye to this day. I've had debridement in the left eye and it didn't do what we hoped it would do.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Rebecca,

Yes it is the sweet dreams mask, and it works great for me. The other masks put too much pressure on my eyes. I used walmart paint goggles for a time, but they left me with lines for hours. This seems to do the trick for now.

I appreciated all the tips.

Liz, I will try to massage that area to start tears in the morning. Hopefully, that will help along with a good yawn.

Melissa
      pianolady

Comment

Liz - I'll keep you posted but I have to correct you in that I DO fear surgery probably has much as anyone else. However, the erosions that started a year back escalated to such a severe level and the pain was excruciating every night and was increasing in intensity and frequency day after day (sometimes several times a night) that I had absolutely no other choice. I had successfully avoided erosions for around four years until these strange erosions started coming on. Right now, things are "better" but I'm not "in control" like I was years back. I'm hoping that the application of Muro 128 will keep the problems from happening in the night where the pressure builds up and the moisture splits my cornea in half (or so it feels as such). I can easily avoid the problem upon awakening - that does not happen anymore but it's when my eyelids are closed and pressure builds up causing the erosions. I still don't know what I can do about that except perhaps continue to use Muro ointment which seems to help but is not a full remedy. I'll keep you advised.

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

I feel for you all having the RCEs, as I am now 47 and had my first one occur at the tender age of 19! I just want to share a couple of things I use that are beneficial to me. I found a spray (http://naturestears.com/) that has done wonders for me! Please check out the website as they can explain it better than I! You can also buy the spray on amazon.com and get good price deals! That is where I buy mine usually unless the naturestears.com has a good sale. I spray my eyes morning, noon and night, and it has made a world of difference. Especially with the "grit" feeling in my eyes that I usually always keep. I have had the erosions since using the spray, so it's not a cure, but has made them fewer and more far between. AND when I wake up during the night feeling like my eyes are "sticking," I lean over and grab the spray off the night stand and spray my lids, which helps and makes them unstick!

Now, onto what I've been reading about here lately. Google search "castor oil for dry eyes." MANY people apparently have been helped with putting drops of castor oil ( The Palma Christi, Castor Oil, Hexane Free and Certified, Pure Cold Pressed Top Quality Oil. Heritage Products, Virginia Beach, VA, 1-800-862-2923) in their eyes before going to sleep at night. I have not yet purchased the oil nor tried it yet, but definitely am and SOON! I live in VA, so I will go to the Heritage Product store and get me some of the quality oil and will report back here! I read just this morning about a woman who tried the drops and then went to her eye doctor to make sure that it wasn't harming or damaging her eyes, and the doctor said her eyes were great! From what I've read the CO also makes the white's of your eyes whiter! I just wanted to share some of my antidotes. I wish everyone the best of luck!

I know that some of you have diseases or issues with your eyes that CO may not be able to help at all, so these things aren't for everyone, but I hope they will give some of you some much-needed relief!

Terry

Comment

Working...
          X