This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD - Emotional, Help!

DE for 5 months, recently dx'd with mdg (small occular rosacea).

How do you all deal emotionally?
    I am so drained of dealing with all this eye crap day in and day out. I just keep sinking...

I also cannot keep from thinking the worse & that I am NEVER going to get relief.

i think a lot of us have days like this...this has been a really hard week for me, BUT i have seen improvement in my case and i have been actively and diligently treating my ocular rosacea for 10 months now. this is what i keep telling myself...medicine changes all the time and they can only invent something new that will help instead of hurt my condition. that and i pray...A LOT.

Comment

Ema, how are you treating your ocular rosacea?

Comment

self-therapy

I honestly don't know how I've gone through all the suffering, myself.

It's now 1am and I am dreading going to work in the am and all this weekend for 12 hour shifts. I've been getting so depressed and distressed this past month its scary. Having a stressful job and this problem is too much not to mention other health problems. I'm 26 years old, i'm supposed to be in the prime of my life. It never gets better than this they say.
        I can handle the problem as long as I shut myself in my apartment with a humidifier and goggles.

There are some things that help me deal with the mental pain. Buddhism is one thing. Learn about it. Buddhism is not a religion it is a philosophy at it's core. Work a job where it doesn't hurt your eyes too much.
        These sort of things help when im at home and not in distress at work. I honestly have to find a new job.

If anyone finds that they just can't take it anymore and you have no one to go to that understands you can talk to me at any time. johnny_nesbit@yahoo.com

Comment

I'm so sorry for what you all are dealing with, it's totally unfair! MGD might not be a deadly disease but its effects can certainly be devastating.

After only one year of constant dry eye pain and burning I am now used to endure physical pain. However, I still have issues emotionally. I still cannot accept this condition and I refuse to move forward before I get this s*** out of my life. So the last couple of months I got stuck. It's true that I go to the gym and try to catch up with my studies but as long as this persists I am never gonna feel a normal person, instead I have the feeling that I am 'ill', 'weak', and that I always need someone else's compassion.

Look, we need to act. Drops are not gonna cure us. I think MG Probing/IPL is the way to go. Get a Meibography done to see in what condition your MGs are and get a nice Dr. who can perform IPL/Probing. We need to act people, it is enough time already.

Comment

This is how I am currently treating my ocular rosacea and have been for a long time:

fish oil twice a day
            doxycycline (50mg) once a day
            warm compresses (warm not hot) twice a day
            restasis twice a day
            i also used blephamide (a strong corticosteroid drop) for about 5 months, but a second doc. suggested i ween off of it b/c of long term use side effects.

I have an appt. with Dr. Toyos in April.

If I am not a candidate for IPL or if it doesn't work for me, I will be devestated. I try not to think about that yet because it will do nothing but cause me more suffering emotionally.

I am only 28 and I too feel like the "prime of my life" has been taken away from me. This week has been VERY tough for me and I can only hope and pray that next week is better.

My work environment also aggrivates my eyes tremendously despite me getting a humidifier, anti-glare screen and using a lamp instead of flourescent lights.

I just keep telling myself that other people with my condition have gotten better and that it just takes a lot of TIME....according to my eye doc. I am in the beginning stages of treating mine and I have been at it for 10 months now.

Comment

How do you feel about the current regimen? Has your condition improved at all? Is the antibiotic helping or hurting? I find that with Ocular Rosacea, certain treatments can excacerbate the situation. It's difficult to pinpoint the helpers vs. the antagonists. All I can tell you is that you are not alone, and we all understand the frustration. I have not investigated IPL yet myself.

Comment

Working...
              X