eyes worse in social situations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyes worse in social situations

Hiya, does anyone experiance eye symptoms feelings worse in social situations? even where the air is clean. They always feel better when im sitting in my room, then i go to someone elses room and they start bothering me more, and the sinus pain often appears. Think its coz i cant concentrate on things, it appears worse. So i cant stay there that long, and i find it hard to concentrate on conversations. This guy i was seeing (not anymore) pointed out(yesterday) that i isolate myself from every1 and dont make enough effort. which i no is true.

I posted about my eyes feeling moderately better recently, but they have felt horible again the last few days. So im not feeling good, think im gonna drop out of uni because i havent got enough money to stay here and do things to help my eyes, like the expense of tring restasis, flying to the states etc. Plus im not sure if i wanna do the course etc.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Hi Sazy123

I'm sorry for your troubles. I can only assume you may be having difficulties in social settings in particular due to stress. I find I am most comfortable in my home setting. I know stress plays a big part in how my eyes feel. I have started to ignore many things that otherwise would get me stressed. It is difficult and some things will have to be addressed accordingly.
    I hope things get better for you,
    Jeff

Comment

I'm the same way. I think, when we are alone, we are less stressed and our blinking is different. When we are with other people, we open our eyes wider and move our eyeballs more.

Comment

Not only is our blinking different, but when under stress, our hormones go crazy trying to restore balance/counteract the stress. We all know what hormones can do to dry eye sufferers! It could also be that there is an allergen in the other room(s), even someone's aftershave or perfume, or hairspray that could be setting off the dry eye as well. I kind of have to wonder about allergies, given the sinus pain. Not to forget that consuming caffeine and alcohol and being exposed to cigarette smoke can also be triggers. Just some ideas to consider.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I've also become more of a homebody since LASIK, though some of it could be that I'm wiped out all the time and I'm getting older. Loud restaurants and bars are NOT my thing. My eyes are a lot less comfortable when I am out of my house...even in my car when I'm wearing my goggles. Smoke is most definitely an issue. Air currents are anothe. Dryness of the air yet another. Working in my son's school cafeteria is a killer. I'm thinking of investing in a pair of plano eyeglasses to wear in these situations. I keep talking about it, but never do it. Just one more expense.
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

yea it must be anxiety starts things off, but at first i often dont even feel stressed ore anxiety, and the sinus headaches appear. And the rooms are clean, just as much as mine. What is wierd is i rarely have the sinus headaches when my eyes feel bad, i have one or the other. when my eyes feel good i often have sinus headaches.
            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

if you drop out of uni, you'll regret it for the next 50years or so. Lifes much harder without qualifications. You'll probably end up waiting tables for £4.85 an hour. Then see where your self esteem goes. Don't do it. If you start something finish it. The next two years will go so quickly you won't believe it. It gets harder and harder to get back into education as you get older so don't plan on going back to uni some time in the future, it will probably never happen. If the course is bearable stick with it and if its so bad i'm sure you can still switch courses.. Having a degree opens a lot of doors for you. I don't have one, so I know from experience.

Comment

Hi yea i know it would be better if i stayed, but i dont have the money to spend doing both, plus i get really stressed coz off all the social stuff i miss out on and what people think of me, which is not helping. I would go back next year, hopefully.

Comment

Sazy,
                  I totally understand where you are coming from I feel very depressed and sad when I cannot join friends at a restaurant for dinner because of the noise and the struggle of just getting through the day. I often cry when I am home alone and know I have missed another fun party because my eyes hurt and I cannot take the crowd. Last Friday there was a huge dinner with 15 couples that I organized and I didnt go. I was the person always on the go !!!!!!! I am missing a girls out weekend as of right now because I am afraid I wont be able to keep up because of the pain and environment. Now I am going to give you some advice that I have a hard time following but sometimes helps me through the day. Set small goals take each day and say well today I got through 2 of my classes!!!!!!!!yeah Today I had lunch with a friend!!!!!!!!yeah Things that people without our problems dont give a second thought. Take each day at a time,everyone says to me you cannot go back but the craving to do so will always be there,but they are right.Reward yourself for your accomplishments and look for people besides us (because we all know everyone on this site helps keep us going and so wants to help) who will lift your spirits and acknowledge your courage. A colleague (some one I am not really friends with) who saw me break down at school,yes every now and then I have a cry at school because its so hard, sent me a card telling me she admires my courage. That one card got me through the next day.
                  Then rest, I know its hard because you are so young and people do not understand what you are going through... Tell your professors that you are having a difficult time, use the resources at school that may help your situation if there are any... Well I have talked enough wish I could send you my full box of Restasis that I cannot use. Oh and just for the record because I cannot concentrate anymore I call all the kids in my classes by crazy names like cha chi, etc because I cannot remember their names at all. Focusing is so hard when you are under stress from the pain and uncomfortability..I wish you some relief and answers I am looking for the same... I will be looking for more posts to see how you are doing!!!!!!!! Take care Peggy

Comment

sazy, i know i've mentioned this to you before, but definately don't give up and pity yourself too much for the problems you are having. Being in a university myself, trust me, i DEFINATELY know what you are going though. yes, it is very hard to be young and have eye problems that no one understands, but you need to keep living your life as best as possible. don't even bother comparing yourself with others, its definately not worth it when you have such a horrible chronic health problem to deal with that seperates you from them. just take it a day at a time, and like peggy said, set small goals each day. it sucks to not have the great social life that i know i'd definately have otherwise, but instead of socializing w/ people by partying all night on the weekends, which i know i can't do, i've made friends other ways. i hang out with people that understand my limits, and still have a great time doing tons of other stuff. i'm also involved in organizations that meet during the evening. set yourself a light work load and organize your time wisely so that you have time each day to take breaks and rest your eyes. trust me, i know it is incredibly hard to be in pain all the time and have to give up on things that you would love doing normally. just last friday i had to miss out on an organization lock-in that i really wanted to be a part of. also, i would absolutely LOVE to go on a mission trip to africa that an organization i'm in is organizing for this summer, but i know that there is definately no way i'd EVER be able to do that now. it hurts to know i'm missing out on great college experiences that could help me develop closer friendships and such, but i just have to accept the fact that things are different now. in the mean time i just keep doing things and setting goals that i know i personally can do. last year i was really depressed, and that is the last thing i want right now. i think as you try slowly doing regular things again, and the longer you live with dry eye problems the more accepting to them you will be. but if you give up and COMPLETELY isolate yourself, you'll just keep feeling worse about the situation you're in. yes, its extremely stressful and difficult for someone your age, but trust me, you're not the only one experiening these problems. don't give up and you'll be in my prayers!
                    -Amy

Comment

Working...
                    X