This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression much?

I have posted in the introduce yourself column. Post LASIK in 1999 with severe eye pain since. Recently been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome after taking Pilocarpine (for my eyes). Now have to take a medication that has completely dried me out even more. About 3 months ago I would say I hit rock bottom -- the very bottom. I see two different ophthamologists who are kind - but see at least 4 patients per hour. They say that there is nothing they can do for me.

ANYWAY -- here is my message to you. I have had CHRONIC, unremitting eye pain with many moments of despair and depression. However, I have two beautiful sons, great husband and a great life. We cannot let this pain beat us. There is always hope on the horizon. Even 2 years ago, we didn't have the options that we have now and one day even if there is not an answer, there will be modalities to help all of us. I feel a new sense of hope with options like the BFS clinic and doctors that are willing to answer our questions on this website. Best of luck and regards from a veteran LASIK survivor.

Sue, I am a Lasik survivor of Jan 2000. I got bad vision and painfully dry eyes with the surgery. I worked with burning eyes, declining vision for 5 years and went off on disability. I also had a cataract surgery then, which was way off vision-wise.

Since then, about 3-4 years ago, I was diagnosed with Sjogrens and Fibromyalgia! Then 6 monhs later, I had breast cancer and squamous cell skin cancer. I'm still here to holler about it. There are always some times that distractions, meds, life etc. have us feeling a bit better than others.

There is nothing about this dry eye stuff that can't be beaten. It's not easy and at times I know people feel helpless. You and I are proof that there is life after Lasik. It's way different, but so are many things. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
    X