This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this as good as it gets?

I have been on Restasis for 3 1/2 months and had lower plugs inserted about a month ago? With each new treatment, I have a little improvement. I have noticed a few really good days lately, but today was pretty bad. Has anyone out there had these same treatments (restasis and lower plugs) and if so, how long did it take for the full benefits. My dr. says Restatsis can take up to 6 months for full impact. Has anyone found this to be true?

I do not return to the dr. until Nov. I think that he is waiting to see if these treatments will be sufficient. However, if they are not, I would love to have more done for me now. I wonder if the dr. knows best at this point and if I just need to continue to be patient.

If I recall correctly, studies showed patients on Restasis can continue to improve as long as 6 months after starting it... then I believe the beneficial effects of Restasis plateau'd.

Comment

You don't know what the DE is attributed to?

Comment

Ariel, I am aquaeous deficient. I do know that my osmolarity scores have been improving the two times that I went to the doctor after starting Restasis. I guess that I hate to wait for relief if there is something else that can be done to help right now. I have dealt with this for a year and two months. It is a tiring process. I guess I am having a bit of a pity party for myself tonight and am feeling frustrated.

I thought about calling my doc to see if he could put an upper plug in before my November appointment. Everyone says that my Dr. is very good, so I hate to be too pushy.

Comment

Working...
        X