X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in - sad day, just rambling a bit

Hi everyone,
    It's been a little while...today I'm feeling so sad and thought to check in here b/c you are so wonderful. I had to my cat put to sleep today - he was pretty old and was sick with kidney problems. Even thought we had him only 3 years, it was very difficult.

We adopted him from a friend about 5 months after my LASIK - I was so miserable and scared. Having a cat around did wonders for my spirits. I'd always had cats growing up, but he was my first pet as an adult.

In other discouraging news, I've been trying to get a diagnosis for my amenorrhea, and have to have MRI of my pituitary next week......whatever the cause, it's made my eyes way worse these past few months. I'm only 32 so it's not normal ;(

Thanks for listening and hope your alls 2011 is better than mine so far!

Laura, so many of us know the sadness you are experiencing now. I just lost my old lass, Miss Larry, to cancer about a month ago. In all honesty, I wish that someone who loved me could tap me on the shoulder and say, "It's time for you to head on out to pasture." What we can do for them by stopping their suffering is really a gift.

I hope you can find some answers through your MRI.

Have you ever thought about taking anti-anxiety meds or antidepression meds? When I am having a really rough eye day, I take some Lorazepam and at least the right eye will take a back seat to life.

Rose

Comment

I agree; so many of us have experienced that horrid emptiness when a pet goes away. I felt racked and torn by the pain of the separation when my beloved border collie was put to sleep 5 years ago.

With all the pain and misery of my eyes, that little dog helped me feel calm and to see some kind of purpose in life. He saved me thousands of pounds in counselling fees. A few months after he died, another little border collie spotted a `space' in my heart and she crept in to fill it. She took over his role as counsellor and manages the job very well.

Hugs from across the pond.

Comment

Please keep in touch about your health issues. I'm 38 and after Lasik going through some other health issues now that are alarming, surprising and probably related to all the stress this has put on us. I wouldn't mind talking to you privately if you ever want to talk. My husband was in touch with you earlier this year too via PM. At any rate, I have two old animals and am not looking forward to the pain it will cause me on top of everything else when they too pass on. Hang in there, we are thinking of you!
        Margaret

Comment

Pets and unconditional love

I lost my beauty, Paix, to a tragic accident. He was my calming effect. He was our "fur baby" God how we mourned. I still see him laying there hoping he died with no pain. I grieved a year. Having trouble seeing on computer but please know my heart goes out to all. Please adopt another pet. There are so many who need us. Sincerely, Linda

Comment

Working...
          X