X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need support....

Hi everyone.
    I am posting as I am in need of some serious support/encouragement right now.

I am 2 1/2 weeks into a horrible de "flare up", and I cannot get relief. My emotional/mental strength is gone. The last flare up I had was around thanksgiving; I attribute to the dry minnesota air that came in.
    I cannot cry because it makes my eyes worse.
    Wearing my goggles all days adds to the headaches I already have from my eyes being so dry.
    Doing more drops seems to make my eyes worse.

My life is totally dictated by my eyes right now. I keep telling myself it will end, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore.
    I am falling into depression, but any meds dry my eyes out more.

I know I am lucky compared to others on this board who suffer far worse than I; I hate to be a complainer but I need something, anything...

Thanks for listening and bless all of you!

Jen

Originally posted by MNJen View Post
    I am 2 1/2 weeks into a horrible de "flare up", and I cannot get relief.
    Hi Jen... I am so sorry you are in "that place" right now. It's awful, isn't it. Most of all the fear of it not getting better can pretty much cripple anyone. But you can and will pull out of this flare up too.

What's your main/worst symptom? And what are you taking for your eyes right now (Rx and OTC)? Are you plugged? Do OTC drops make you feel better at all or worse or no change?

What about cold compresses? Saline rinses? In conversations I've been having with people lately I keep falling back on those two things (as well as moisture chambers but obviously you're already 'there') lately if the issues are mostly burning. Also blood serum drops might be worth exploring if you're having issues with other eyedrops.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X