This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love of a dog

Four hours sleep due to my involvement at home...my much loved dog needed my help. And no matter what, will never ever consider giving him up; he is my family. Eyes are NOT GOOD. Still can not get used to the fact that regardless, I need at lest 7- 8 hours for my eyes to act like eyes the following AM. Still and all, in a dire aituation, I will always bypass sleep to help the love of my lfe - my big Saint Bernard! Guess bad eyes are part and parcel of it all. Going out for special tea now...hope it makes me feel something like human and cuts the pain.

Curious...who out there has a much loved pet, especially a dog?

Me! see avatar..

Comment

I have beautiful red & white border collie and she is cherished. She calms me down and cheers me up.

Historically as well as in contemporary times, pets can bring out the best in us.

Comment

My little chiweenie, Nala, is my love. She comforts me when needed and gets me out of the house to at least walk on most days. For awhile I thought I might be allergic to her (she sleeps on my bed) and I knew I could not give her up no matter what!

Comment

You're a dog lover...LOVEW IT!

Comment

We have a new 10 week old schnoodle. His name is Lucky and you can see him in my avatar.
            Last edited by alisonW; 06-Aug-2011, 08:55. Reason: spelling

Comment

Aw, Lucky is lucky - and CUTE! I love the names for the mixes.

Comment

Sorry to year your dog isn't well, hope it's nothing serious?

We have four whippets, plus a 16 year old siamese who wakes me up every time she wants me to turn over for her own comfort.

Comment

Kitty lovers, speak up!

I have a rescue kitty who was at the shelter three yrs, they have no idea how old she is. I got her in Sept. after my 9 yr old kitty passed on. Misty is a sweetheart. She was so so scared for many many months - like 6+. I would see very little of her. But she gradually became comfortable with me, and now sleeps with me, sits on my lap when I watch TV or read, and greets me at the door when I come in. She recognizes the sound of my 'locked car beep'. I love her dearly, and we give each other great comfort. She is a huge part of my life.

Comment

Lovely to hear about how well your rescue cat is doing. I have two massive long haired cats and I find their hair gets everywhere, I'm not allergic but it certainly doesn't help when it gets in your eye! I wouldn't be without them though, they really cheer you up. One of my cats has a bit of an eye problem too, so we have some common ground!

Comment

I love cats too but DD & DS are both very allergic. Pets are all awesome - great at reducing stress and keeping your mind off eye problems, etc.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one with a kitty close companion!

Originally posted by Jesslin View Post
                        Lovely to hear about how well your rescue cat is doing. I have two massive long haired cats and I find their hair gets everywhere, I'm not allergic but it certainly doesn't help when it gets in your eye! I wouldn't be without them though, they really cheer you up. One of my cats has a bit of an eye problem too, so we have some common ground!
                        Hi Jesslin, I'm glad to hear that your kitties help you too. I'd be totally lost w/o Misty. She is such a sweet little cuddly companion. She has the tiniest, and saddest meow tho - sounds like a tiny "maaaa-maaaa". Sounds like she's calling me mama! But she is very comforting, we love each other.

Maria

Comment

Nope, not the only one with kitty companion! I have a cat, too, as well as two dogs and the cat is a short-haired Persian. She is tortoise shell with a completely flat face, about 5-6 lbs and rules my two dogs with an iron paw...and one of my dogs is a 10 month old Saint Bernard puppy who is upwards of 135 lbs. This little cat who has a whole lot of attitude (or as we call it Tortitude because lots of the torties can be a bit bossy) sleeps with the dogs, eats and drinks out of their dishes and never hesitates to give them a good smack on the snout when they start licking her too much. Must dig up a picture of her with my Saint...she is literally smaller than his head! Love them all and they add everything to my life! Love to hear about other's pets as well

Neve

Comment

One of my cats Magnus is a ragdoll, he's the one in my profile pic. He's got a flat face like a Persian cat and a loud deep MROWLLLL meow which he uses almost constantly, he's honestly the noisest cat on the planet. You can have a whole conversation with him! My other cat Coco is a Maine Coon and she's got this tiny soft little trilling meow, it's really cute! They're both gigantic, when they sit on your lap they make your legs go numb!

Comment

I have a dog and she is the best friend I could ever have. Her name's Sunny.

She is more than 1 breed but we know she a mix of Jack Russel, Pomerarian and Terrier.

She helps me forget about my eyes and it is very nice to see her playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X