This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Help, Helped

HI, I went to see the Help today with a friend (super great movie all should see) well it was pretty touching, felt myself well up several times, but this time I thought I felt a actual tear moisten my eyes, I got so excited, my friend had to turn on her cell phone and hold it up to my eyes to see if it was real and not just my imagination, well no tear actually rolled out of my eye but almost......boy I can only imagine how hyped I'll be if one ever does lol.

Well I guess I'm paying for that brief moment of joy, because now my eyes are terrible! They feel like sand, and my lids are all swollen and puffy, what is going on?? I feel as though just that bit of tear that entered my eyes, have burned them or something, it it really almost as if I'm allergic to my own tears. I'm so sad today.

Comment

Am sorry you are feeling so sad today. It's good that you came on the forum to share, and to get support. I find that reading the posts and blogs help me feel better, because I know there are a whole bunch of people out there who know what I'm going through. And when I write when I'm feeling awful, somebody always comes back and gives me support (often a bunch of people). Also, I get hope from learning more about the different conditions I have, and how some folks feel better after awhile after trying different interventions, including non-medical ones. May your evening go better, and tomorrow be a much better day.
      Maria

Comment

I know how exciting it is to make a tear, since I had that experience a couple months ago and was ridiculously happy. It would be depressing to then immediately have a bad spell with eyes! I wonder though if making the moisture was a very good sign that your current treatment is helping, but the dry air of the theater caused the bad spell after? Or people in the crowd were wearing something you're sensitive to, like fragrances or other toiletries that affect your eyes. Happens to me a lot when in crowds for a couple hours. I hope the bad spell is a short one.

Comment

Thank you Maria and Mary. I'm still experiencing slot of swelling on my eye lids. I've noticed before that when I've attempted to cry, it causes alot of swelling and redness in my eyes. I try to avoid crying as much as possible for that reason. I do know that when my eyes are doing better they look normal, without the puffy lids. It's hard to avoid emotions, but after this I will.

Comment

Working...
          X