This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hospital

One of our members is checking into hospital today. Most of the lasik dry eye crowd here I'm sure understands the severity of depression this can cause and how wise yet scary this step can be. I'm really concerned about her and for those so inclined would sure appreciate your prayers for her. I want her to get compassionate care there, to be able to experience some respite from the quandaries of treatment decision-making, and to have sufficient support after discharge to be safe.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

I am really sorry to hear that. Although I do not have the added burden of having probably paid a lot of money to have this done, and then have to live with this, I do have sjogrens and my eyes have got worse. So I do understand the depression and anxiety that this situation causes and I hope that she will be able to get some helpfull support in a setting that is such an unknown to most people. In the UK some of the mental health settings are pretty okay for giving people time out, and hopefully she will find a CPN or keyworker that she has confidence in and in turn hopefully will actually listen to her and understand the daily problems that she is facing. I am not great at prayer but I will be thinking of her and sending "healing" thoughts.
    lulu

Comment

I cannot really add anything to Lulu's sentiments. I am not part of the 'LASIK crowd' but I still know about the severity of depression that the pain can cause. Sending her more healing thoughts and prayers from the UK.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that but on a positive note she is seeking out help. This can be so difficult and really overwhelming. Everyone handles things differently and I have sought out help by talking to a therapist. It DOES help to talk to someone!! I will keep her in my prayers and look forward to her posting how she is recovering.
        A.

Comment

So sorry to hear this... hoping she finds the help she needs in hospital... I know how tough it can be to adjust mentally to a negative LASIK outcome...

Comment

Speaking from experience; the rest and respite our friend will now get is priceless.
            It sounds by Rebeccas post that this is a voluntary move, and was long overdue, a patient will now get one-to-one care from the proffesionals and once in a better state of mind will be able to cope in the future.
            I'm looking forward to the write-up when she checks-out.....All in good time..

Comment

I have not had LASIK surgery, but can imagine the self examination that goes with having made a decision for something elective, and having it go so wrong. I was looking into LASIK right before I developed my DES. You can imagine my thoughts now, i can understand the depression that comes with this, at times it is so life intrusive, and life altering. My prayers are for this dear person to find the comfort, help, and the hope they need.

Comment

I was just wondering how long ago she had lasik? I am a lasik dry sufferer and know the emotional ups and down very well. I wish her the best and have said multiple prayers for her.

Comment

I'm glad she had the courage to seek the help she needs right now. My thoughts are with her.

Comment

Working...
                  X