This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a total EYE opener today.. just wanted to share

ok so ive got sjogrens, mgd & ocular rosacea-pretty severe.. just got approved for SSD-but i think mostly due to my emotional state and chronic migraines (they dont get the eye thing or sjogrens)

anyway. just as i was feeling sorrry for myself i go to the market to get some groceries b4 my opthamologist apt later as i may be feeling lousy after he expresses my glands-he pushes so damn hard.

my point here is the girl checking my groceries out had one eye where you couldnt even see the iris at all-completely white..not sure what her condition was but it really made me stop and be greatful for what i have.. yeah i may not be able to work or watch movies on the big screen and have trouble reading and watching regular tv w/o lots of breaks but i still have my vision...wow... it made me think... things could always be worse.. i seriously think i was sent there as a sign..just wanted to share..

happy holidays to all of you.. esp you Rebecca and all those who have responded to my posts..thanks somuch for all the help.. dont know what i would do w/o this site..and my sight that is..wow.
    Jenny

that is exactly what i thought Chemia.. it really taught me to stop feeling so darned sorry for myself all the time!!!
    Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Chemia
      No.2 - She has the confidence to continue working even though she has some visual impairment.
      This is an aspect of disability that you don't think about until it affects you - having the confidence to try doing things anyways even though you may not be as good at it as you used to be when you were "normal" and even though you may not look "normal" doing it (whether it be a physical appearance thing such as her iris being white, walking around with red eyes for months on end as many of us have had to do, wearing goggles etc.).

But for sure, most of us are soooo lucky to at least have good eyesight!!

Comment

Working...
      X