This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year to Everybody

Lets hope that this is the year that we can all get some comfort and respite from our symptoms, either through treatment, knowledge, piece of mind of just sheer good luck!
    My eyes are pretty miserable at the mo as I have had the adenovirus for a couple of weeks and they are now dangerously dry!!
    In addition one of my poor cats is quite poorly and has been at the vets over Christmas, sadly it is looking like she has a brain malignancy, but is happily not in pain, according to our vet. She is home now, cant really balance brilliantly but is eating and wobbling around.
    I recently stopped the restasis for a couple of weeks and then restarted it to see if things were any different. Not really but for the eyes changed the feeling slightly, not any better just different. Back on it now however.
    A really chilled time to everyone,
    Lulu x

OH Lulu, "happy new you to you too" I'm sorry to hear about your cat, and that you have been sick, and eyes still doing poorly. I had another corneal abrasion today, and the Doctor put on a bandage lens, Lulu, it feels wonderful, eyes still need lots of drops, but what a wonderful thing to not have that foreign body sensation, my bad eye feels so much better, weird thing is now my good eye feels really dry, I suppose the bad one distracted me from the good one?? I sure do hope that your new year brings you much happiness, and that for all of us relief and a complete healing!! Which drops did you settle on? I wasn't sure because you were having so much trouble with them. I hope that the Restasis works out for you, I wasn't able to tolerate it, and I didn't feel any difference in my tear production, I'm on Lotomax (steroid) and a antibiotic drop now with the abrasion, so will see if this helps at all. We can only try right? Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Hi Mawsky
      Still on clinitas soothe and blink contacts. I do have to lightly scrub the lashes about half an hour after putting in any drop now, as it crusts and hurts the eyes as I blink. My eyes are uber sensitive and I am having to wear these awfully frumpy glasses that wrap around and make me look like an old man!
      Do you think Mawsky that the corneal abrasion was coming on for some time? that is why your foreign body sensation was so persistant?? Mine are shot to pieces, I am thinking that now they may never recover to what they were, but I sure hope that I am wrong.
      Happy New Year to you x lulu

Comment

Lulu, I think that for me what has been happening is that I keep getting spontaneous abrasions just from eyelids rubbing, or filaments causing irritations, but that just my best guess. Did you ever try the Similasan allergy drops? They are the only drops that cause no irritation for me right now, the eye dr. Tried to get me to use the preservative free drops, but I told him these are the only ones that seem to not cause the (allergic?) reaction. He said his concern was the preservative in them, I told him that silver sulfate was it, he still said that I should opt for one of the preservative free drops, unfortunately I think that their knowledge of the formulas for these drops comes from the manufacturers, the similasan drops are homeopathic so I doubt that they have a lot of big drug promotion behind them. Don't give up on your eyes, you mentioned having to wash off your lids, is this from the drops? I did notice with the sustane ultra because they were thicker, I'd get more build up, also I don't wake up with lashes stuck together anymore since I switched to the Similasan drops, they don't have the cellulose, or the propylene glycol in them and I think that makes the difference. What are the blink contacts? Is it an actual contact that you wear? I just hope you can feel better soon.

Comment

Hi Mawsky
          No, the blink contacts are drops, very much like the clinitas soothe.
          I am going to buy some similiason drops, that is to be my next stop.
          I am glad the contacts are helping you, maybe they can let you keep them a while longer?
          The crustiness from the drops dries within minutes and it makes my eyelashes hard and they scrape on my poor corneas, this never used to happen with any drop, now it happens with all of them.
          Hope you have healed a bit
          Lulu x

Comment

Working...
          X